Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
scoen  
#1 Posted : 23 March 2017 13:36:44(UTC)
scoen

Hi

Can anyone tell me if it's okay for me to advertise a H&S vacancy via this forum from my company? I am not sure of the rules.

Kind Regards

Stephen

peter gotch  
#2 Posted : 23 March 2017 13:51:37(UTC)
peter gotch

It's prohibited. Rule 7 and regular source of concerns raised with the Moderators.

People are allowed to post that they are looking for job opportunities.

thanks 1 user thanked peter gotch for this useful post.
scoen on 23/03/2017(UTC)
JayPownall  
#3 Posted : 23 March 2017 14:52:21(UTC)
JayPownall

Depending on the type of the role and also if you are a member and have access to the member forums - there is a 'Work Opportunities' topic area - however as stated, the type of role would have to fall under the requirements as set out in the 'Posting Vacancies' thread.

http://www.iosh.co.uk/posting%20jobs

Edited by user 23 March 2017 14:53:36(UTC)  | Reason: Addition of Link

Moderator 1  
#4 Posted : 23 March 2017 15:28:21(UTC)
Moderator 1

For information - taken from another thread;-

"...... IOSH will allow advertising of job vacancies, subject to the guidelines below:-

Unpaid advertising is permitted to be posted on a member to member forum. This is limited to:

a) roles which are unpaid, such as work shadowing and volunteering

b) apprenticeship/graduate schemes, early-career, paid internships which offer fixed-term posts of less than six months and pay the living wage as a minimum.

IOSH does not support unpaid internship under any circumstances and will not carry advertising for such posts.

To post a job/vacancy to IOSH’s website, forum members must submit a request to IOSH Webhelp, using the ‘posting jobs on IOSH forum’ form - http://www.iosh.co.uk/posting%20jobs .

Where necessary, IOSH reserves the right to ask for changes to the submission. Approved postings to the forum will be in an agreed format.

Only IOSH members are entitled to post recruitment advertisements on the IOSH forum."