Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.



Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : 28 April 2017 21:04:10(UTC)
Rank: New forum user

I wonder if anyone could help...

I have a fantastic interest in Health and Safety Law (very sad i know). I have spent a number of years in H&S and have completed a number of safety qualifications with the most interesting being the Unit A of the NEBOSH diploma.

I would like to progress later in life into a more legal H&S role, something of a legal executive in H&S. In the meantime, what qualifications, or is there a way to gain more practical law experiance?

I am considering spending some time sat in the public gallery at any H&S court hearings at a magistrates or crown court, to pick up the general understanding of how soliciters deal with law. I understand theres the obvious law degree, but that would be difficult being full time employed.

Any ideas?

#2 Posted : 29 April 2017 09:22:53(UTC)
Rank: Super forum user

Salford University (Law School) do a Health and Safety and Environmental Law degree MA/LLM. I completed mine some years ago so I presume they still do the course. 

Users browsing this topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.