Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
amjadmajeed  
#1 Posted : 01 May 2017 10:09:50(UTC)
amjadmajeed

Hi there

Look forward for guidance as if there is any specific time to spend as GradIOSH before applying for CMIOSH?

Appreciate your feedback.

Regds,

stuie  
#2 Posted : 01 May 2017 14:54:55(UTC)
stuie

Have a look at this section of the ISOH website. 

http://www.iosh.co.uk/Membership/About-membership/Professional-development/About-IPD.aspx

Once registered for IPD (route to Chartered once GradIOSH) you have two years to complete otherwise you will have to re-register and pay the fees again. 

There is no minimum period once GradIOSH to applying for IPD and then Chartered; its down to you as to how quick you can get the IPD process completed.

HTH

Stuart

thanks 2 users thanked stuie for this useful post.
amjadmajeed on 02/05/2017(UTC), Paul1200 on 06/05/2017(UTC)
paulmeach  
#3 Posted : 10 May 2017 14:26:53(UTC)
paulmeach

Can anyone please explain what is the content and what is exspected in IPD when seeking to acheive Charterd status. If you are building your CPD and increasing your knowledge and skills base through daily work activities is the Chartered level required??

Just not sure I want to take on a lot more work when already working very hard on CPD...

Regards

JayPownall  
#4 Posted : 10 May 2017 14:49:41(UTC)
JayPownall

Originally Posted by: paulmeach Go to Quoted Post

Can anyone please explain what is the content and what is exspected in IPD when seeking to acheive Charterd status. If you are building your CPD and increasing your knowledge and skills base through daily work activities is the Chartered level required??

Just not sure I want to take on a lot more work when already working very hard on CPD...

Regards

Paul - this depends on which route is required under the IPD process. There is the Open Assessment route and a Skills Development Portfolio Route - which are specific to the academic qualifications held by a GradIOSH member. Open Assessment is self-explanatory, whilst the SDP route requires a large portfolio of evidence across a variety of health and safety topics. More details are available on these routes and what each requires via the link below and via the membership@iosh.com team:

https://www.iosh.co.uk/Membership/About-membership/Professional-development/About-IPD.aspx

Jamie

paulmeach  
#5 Posted : 10 May 2017 15:18:02(UTC)
paulmeach

Many thanks Jamie for your speedy reply, I will take alook,

regards

stuie  
#6 Posted : 10 May 2017 20:26:43(UTC)
stuie

Sorry Paul - you have to do both CPD and IPD at the same time.

CPD can take a back seat as long as you make an entry once every 6 months whilst doing your IPD.

Cheers

Stuart

Smudger207  
#7 Posted : 02 December 2017 15:09:18(UTC)
Smudger207

Afternoon All, I am after some advice. Yesterday I enrolled onto IPD process to achieve my ultimate aim of becoming CMIOSH.  I have received all the necessary forms from IOSH which includes information regarding the open book assessment. However I am slightly confused as the IOSH website says if you have the diploma ( I presume they are referring to the Nebosh) you can achieve chartered status by completing the skills development portfolio. I have both the NVQ and Nebosh Diploma, so should I go back to IOSH and question why I have to complete the assessment and not the portfolio?