Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Matt J  
#1 Posted : 05 June 2017 12:40:49(UTC)
Matt J

Afternoon,

Having completed various NEBOSH Certificates I am now in the process of 'taking the next step' with my development. I had previously set my sights on the Oxford Brooks advanced Diploma, however since starting a new role and with the ever nearing due date of our second child I have made the decision to proceed with the NVQ. The increased responsibility and breadth of work, coupled with a suitable work load means this is achievable for me, whereas increased the levels of study and revision of the diploma and two children under two seems too greater challenge!

Having decided on the NVQ I have found a number of providers, however having spoken to previous colleagues who have/are undertaking the qualification, it was noted that a good assessor is an important part of this process.

If anyone has any suggestions of good, bad or ugly providers I would really appreciate the input. I am self funding so I want to make sure I get it right!

Once I start the ball rolling I would certainly be keen on liaising with others going through the same process....

Thanks

Matt
Invictus  
#2 Posted : 05 June 2017 13:02:43(UTC)
Invictus

http://www.business-safety.com/  I used thses a few years back now but they were good very knowledgable they would have the assessor from your own line of work. 

I found them very supportive, not sure what they are like now but worth giving them a bell for a chat.

thanks 1 user thanked Invictus for this useful post.
Matt J on 05/06/2017(UTC)
amoore  
#3 Posted : 06 June 2017 15:01:41(UTC)
amoore

I used she knows health and safety (http://www.she-knows.com/ ) for my NVQ 5 and they were brilliant. I had a very helpful assessor and found the whole process fairly painless.

thanks 1 user thanked amoore for this useful post.
linda xc on 09/06/2017(UTC)
Clarke34526  
#4 Posted : 21 June 2017 12:20:32(UTC)
Clarke34526

Depends where you live but New Broom Training Sheernes is a good provider, I think you can do course remotely, but sometimes its best to have some face to face contact.

I know of several people who have or are undertaking NVQ3 and I myself went to Joy to convert my NVQ4 to the 5  

pm1965  
#5 Posted : 21 June 2017 15:51:43(UTC)
pm1965

I would second the post by Invictus. I self funded the NVQ5 and used Business Safety last year. The assessor was extremely knowledgable and helpful.