Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Philip Nightingale  
#1 Posted : 07 June 2017 09:05:44(UTC)
Philip Nightingale

Hi,

I was wondering whether anybody had any thoughts on the NCRQ Qualifications? i'm looking at maybe taking the Diploma in applied H&S and didnt know if anyone had any thoughts as to whether this would be a good avenue to go down instead of the NEBOSH Diploma

jodieclark1510  
#2 Posted : 07 June 2017 10:20:54(UTC)
jodieclark1510

It all depends on your learning style and your personal circumstances- I can only speak from the NEBOSH route, but there are others who have gone the NVQ/ NCRQ route and have done well out of it.

thanks 1 user thanked jodieclark1510 for this useful post.
Philip Nightingale on 07/06/2017(UTC)
WatsonD  
#3 Posted : 07 June 2017 10:29:58(UTC)
WatsonD

There has been a lot of debate on here about NCRQ. From what I can see those who have undertaken this tend to be very positive about it.

thanks 2 users thanked WatsonD for this useful post.
Philip Nightingale on 07/06/2017(UTC), gerrysharpe on 10/06/2017(UTC)
Philip Nightingale  
#4 Posted : 07 June 2017 10:40:31(UTC)
Philip Nightingale

thanks for the input, NCRQ do tend to enjoy mentioning Soft Skills and having worked within H&S for the last 10 years I acknowledge that my skill set demonstrates this. I've been very lucky to learn of excellent colleagues who havent felt the need to smack people with a H&S ruler so I was pleasantly suprised to find a qual which lends to learning this way also.

George_Young  
#5 Posted : 08 June 2017 06:42:47(UTC)
George_Young

I have completed the NCRQ diploma, I found it a much enjoyable and modern day appoach to learning.

I would recommend the NCRQ route day after day, I will be studying more courses in the future once developed and released.

But at the end of the day it is about your leaning style, and otther factors

thanks 1 user thanked George_Young for this useful post.
Philip Nightingale on 29/06/2017(UTC)
Waz  
#6 Posted : 17 July 2017 08:56:25(UTC)
Waz

I know Bridget Leathley in the November 2016 edition of the IOSH Magazine published an article on all formats of H&S qualifications at the 'Diploma' level, showing what was required for each. CADUK (www.caduk.co.uk) also published a focus on the new NVQ Level 5 in Occupational Safety & Health, which is a good read and if your are interested, perhaps give them a call. The MD (Gary Pollard) is an experienced educationalist, with a focus primarily on construction, but comfortable with H&S and the need for competency based training (which from your review, it appears 10 years is sufficient). I would give him a call or at least view their website.