Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
martin1426  
#1 Posted : 19 June 2017 09:13:12(UTC)
martin1426

Hi, I am currently going through the SDP process and was wondering if it was acceptable to submit work which you have completed with another person? I have evidence to show the major role I played in the work but wasn't sure if IOSH would accept it as someone else was directly involved.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

hilary  
#2 Posted : 19 June 2017 11:57:55(UTC)
hilary

Sorry to sound thick but what is SDP?

JayPownall  
#3 Posted : 20 June 2017 14:24:40(UTC)
JayPownall

Originally Posted by: hilary Go to Quoted Post
Skills Development Portfolio - part of Initial Professional Development (IPD). Martin - from my experience, all evidence had to be my own work. Give membership a call directly and get their thoughts. Everything in your SDP should be what you did, not 'we'. You'll be reminded of such prior to your Peer Review!
martin1426  
#4 Posted : 21 June 2017 10:35:20(UTC)
martin1426

Originally Posted by: JayPownall Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: hilary Go to Quoted Post

Skills Development Portfolio - part of Initial Professional Development (IPD). Martin - from my experience, all evidence had to be my own work. Give membership a call directly and get their thoughts. Everything in your SDP should be what you did, not 'we'. You'll be reminded of such prior to your Peer Review!

Thank you Jay

piobaire  
#5 Posted : 23 June 2017 13:54:05(UTC)
piobaire

Nealry all health and safety activities are undertaken in conjunction with other people, however, if, as you say, it demonstrates your abilities and invovlement then submit it.  I used examples where the work was undertaken with others and it was suitable (I am now CMIOSH).  Stick it in and see.

Hope this is useful.