Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mark Jinks  
#1 Posted : 26 June 2017 12:32:56(UTC)
mark Jinks

HI Hope someone can help?

I will be attempting my PRI shortly for the second time and would like to know if anyone has any tips or guidance on how to pass .

The last time I was stold that i was answering the questions a little in depth rather than treating the panel as though they did not know the subject.?

The main areas I failed on last time where Policies and procedures ,accident & incident investigation

and What is Best Practice ?

Any help or guidance with my interview woukld be much appreciated especially if you have already attempted your interview and failed.

regards

Mark

thanks 1 user thanked mark Jinks for this useful post.
descon297 on 28/06/2017(UTC)
jim4244  
#2 Posted : 13 November 2017 12:43:06(UTC)
jim4244

Hi Mark Sorry, I'm a little confused, are you talking about your Peer Group Review? If this is the case just speak to them as you would to a HSE colleague in work. Remember they are your peers and come from various business sectors BUT they are all HSE Practitioners who are used to bouncing around ideas amongst others involved in HSE. Be yourself. Be confident and know your subject and you should do fine! Jim
JayPownall  
#3 Posted : 13 November 2017 12:57:59(UTC)
JayPownall

Originally Posted by: mark Jinks Go to Quoted Post

HI Hope someone can help?

I will be attempting my PRI shortly for the second time and would like to know if anyone has any tips or guidance on how to pass .

The last time I was stold that i was answering the questions a little in depth rather than treating the panel as though they did not know the subject.?

The main areas I failed on last time where Policies and procedures ,accident & incident investigation

and What is Best Practice ?

Any help or guidance with my interview woukld be much appreciated especially if you have already attempted your interview and failed.

regards

Mark

Mark

Probably worth first pointing out that the questions asked at your first attempt are likely to be different to your 2nd (dependant on when you completed attempt 1) - this is because of the introduction of question sets to limit the 'preparing' of answers to known questions.

As you've stated, treat the panel as if they are relatively new to H&S. Talk at a high-level and if they want further info from you, then they'll ask. Have a sound understanding of the basics of H&S and H&S management, alongwith some relevant examples, and you should be covered. Don't forget the Code of Conduct too!

Jamie

Clark34486  
#4 Posted : 04 January 2018 15:37:41(UTC)
Clark34486

I quite enjoyed my peer review, many seem to falter (read a few H&S forums and here, obviously...) but I went in really confident and simply used the knowledge I had gained over the years in my profession.

Me, me me rather than 'we' is the secret. Id did rather than we did, which is quite difficult to do as more often than not we work as part of a team

simon73  
#5 Posted : 05 January 2018 09:27:48(UTC)
simon73

Me too, I really enjoyed my peer review. After all the hard work of the diploma etc it was really felt like just a chat about me and my history. My advice is just be yourself!