Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ross McEwan  
#1 Posted : 18 July 2017 22:52:51(UTC)
Ross McEwan

I'm struggling to even volunteer my time to gain more H&S experience. Here's a bit of my background if anyone would know of any companies or organisations interested that I could contact... I've gained invaluable knowledge and expertise working in the conservation and restoration of Scotland's most historically important buildings. I have on-site experience with masonry contractors on restoration sites, the Ardfin Estate on the Isle of Jura and the Glasgow School of Art (Charles Rennie Mackintosh building) working to strict timelines. I’ve managed projects from the planning, organising and to the finished outcome. My health and safety experience includes: carrying out risk assessments, fire surveys, first aid inspections, fire alarm and legionnaires testing. I also have recently self-funded a NEBOSH National Construction Certificate in Health and Safety course. I also have taken part in many courses which has further developed my knowledge and understanding of the health and safety issues related to specific working practices. These courses are: • Emergency First Aid Response training course. • Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (QCF) • PASMA - Mobile Access Tower. • IPAF Mobile Vertical (3a) + (3b) Mobile Boom – Operator. • The Safe Use of Petrol Saw Cut-Off Saws including Abrasive Wheels. • Asbestos Awareness. • Hardness Training. • Abrasive Wheels. • Introduction to Dry Stone Walling. • IOSH health and Safety Information in the Work Place. • Working Safely- Institution of Occupational Safety and Health. • BSC level 1 Award in Health and Safety at Work. I would be ideally looking for an opportunity at weekends to further develop my knowledge and experience if that would be at all possible. Thanks, Ross.

james fleming  
#2 Posted : 26 July 2017 20:30:29(UTC)
james fleming

Ross, I have sent you a PM.

thanks 1 user thanked james fleming for this useful post.
Ross McEwan on 26/07/2017(UTC)
Ross McEwan  
#3 Posted : 26 July 2017 21:37:50(UTC)
Ross McEwan

Originally Posted by: james fleming Go to Quoted Post
Ross, I have sent you a PM.
Thanks