Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
everillj  
#1 Posted : 19 July 2017 13:36:40(UTC)
everillj

Good afternoon

I am looking to further my career within Health and Safety and trying to decipher the best course of action.

Has anyone done the NEBOSH certificate face-to-face in Devon, what was your opinion of it?  can you recommend a local training provider, or is study by distance learning generally the preferred option? 

Is the NEBOSH cert a better qualification than an NVQ or NCRQ alternative?

I would be very grateful of some advice on this matter.

Thanks in anticipation. 

J :)

lizize  
#2 Posted : 19 July 2017 18:08:45(UTC)
lizize

Originally Posted by: everillj Go to Quoted Post

Is the NEBOSH cert a better qualification than an NVQ or NCRQ alternative?

Hiya,

Ive just completed the NRCQ diploma and enjoyed every moment of it, instead of just learning 1500 pages of info and learning how to answer the NEBOSH questions, the NRCQ uses work books which you "work thru" you do a serious of assignments which are true to life, it is a combination of elearning (workbooks) and online activities, there is no exam, but you have to pass the assessments/assignments, ive passed the nebosh equlivant with a merit and the diploma with distinction, the course teaches you how to do risk assessments, accident investigation etc and how to find information, You have to do a validation interview at the end of the HSD1,2 n 3. 

You have full tutor support from actual HSE Investigators, and they are onhand 7 days a week, to help with any queries or questions and are very helpful.

The course is registered with IOSH and you can gain Tech IOSH, Or GRAD IOSH and work towards CMIOSH, 

If you want to do construction, the course wont be available till later this year, i will say one thing its a little pricey but they do a payment plan.

Hope this helps, I cant recommend this course enough,

PS i failed my Nebosh alot 

Lizzie 

thanks 1 user thanked lizize for this useful post.
everillj on 20/07/2017(UTC)
everillj  
#3 Posted : 20 July 2017 08:42:39(UTC)
everillj

Thanks, much appreciated Lizize. I will definately give this some further thought. After reviewing some of the other posts on this forum it does seem the NRCQ is very highly regarded.

Jennie