Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bxuxa  
#1 Posted : 31 July 2017 16:57:18(UTC)
bxuxa

Hi to all, I have my qualification from another country accepted by IOSH as a Graduate Qualification. I am waiting for the result of the NGC, however, I didn't appreciate NEBOSH and I create a Personal Development Plan for improvement of my knowledge.  As result and after consulting different UNIs I have the following options:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4UlsqJpu1uoZm1semRzT1BzeW8

What will be the best investment?

Stuart Smiles  
#2 Posted : 03 August 2017 21:39:33(UTC)
Stuart Smiles

where do you live or are you looking to work? - some employers would sponsor you through the appropriate courses and so you may not have to outlay the cash yourself. 

go to your local iosh group and talk to the people there, if you are wanting full iosh membership, i was told the dnvq route was better than nebosh, but nebosh is better recognised, depending on the attitudes of the people doing the recruiting, (by going to the local iosh you can do an informal chat as to how people where you are feel about it and what they would prefer to see). 

bxuxa  
#3 Posted : 03 August 2017 22:35:05(UTC)
bxuxa

I am already a full IOSH member and I am working as HS Advisor.

Yes, attend to a local branch, can be a good solution.

NVQ or NEBOSH, I don't know if any will add anything and I don't want to ask my employee. I already been married once ;)

Waz  
#4 Posted : 18 August 2017 15:08:21(UTC)
Waz

I cant access your drive, but you need to have a look at the November 2016 edition of the IOSH Magazine whereby different routes and qualifications to GradIOSH were discussed. As your qualification is from I presume another country, you may want to be able to relate your qualification to one recognised by UK employers, if that is your intended area of work? The NVQ is very challenging, if you are in a role and get a good assessor, who doesn't just go through the motions but ensures you have the knowledge as well as the practical elements to undertake the role of the safety practitioner. CADUK are also good at this and have a good platform from which to develop you knowledge and provide evidence of learning and supporting documents to demonstrate an understanding of the learning outcomes. They also produced a paper on the Road to GradIOSH accessed via their website. Best of Luck. Waz
thanks 1 user thanked Waz for this useful post.
bxuxa on 20/08/2017(UTC)
bxuxa  
#5 Posted : 20 August 2017 08:41:54(UTC)
bxuxa

Hi Waz,

Yes, my qualifications are from another country and accepted as Graduate Qualification by IOSH.

In fact, I just enrol on the IPD for start working for the CMIOSH status.

Regarding the NVQ, I did not hear the best from the system. The assessors provide very poor information and in fact, I am helping some colleagues with what is required.