Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Eley37697  
#1 Posted : 06 September 2017 14:50:41(UTC)
Eley37697

Dear All,

Just in case you didnt know. Not considering the ELCAS credits you can get 25% discount if military for the NCRQ courses.

Enjoy!

Chris

SNS  
#2 Posted : 06 September 2017 21:11:53(UTC)
SNS

Thanks for the heads up, where from? Does it apply to retired military??

Eley37697  
#3 Posted : 07 September 2017 15:23:31(UTC)
Eley37697

Originally Posted by: SNS Go to Quoted Post

Thanks for the heads up, where from? Does it apply to retired military??

I left 8 years ago and was able to use it. Not a well known point but certainly true as I have just started the Diploma and love it!

For me its a deposit of £120.00 and 2 years of £54. Well worth it i say (£200 interest over the 2 year period).

Just make contact and they will email you with confirmation of costings and just go from there..good luck.

Chris 24710516

Bootneck997  
#4 Posted : 07 September 2017 18:16:50(UTC)
Bootneck997

Isn't it great when you find out about this after the event!

Eley37697  
#5 Posted : 21 September 2017 14:24:53(UTC)
Eley37697

The information was not available or published, I simply asked the question since I was waiting and waiting for NCRQ to appear on the ELCAS (Army grant) list of providers which (unless its changed) has just never happened. This was frustrating for me since as a forces leaver if youy wanted to do a course in plumbing you could easily find a provider...for H & S and certainly the NCRQ there was only ONE option...frustrating..

Luckily for me this worked out, sorry if you've just found out after starting...

Chris

Edited by user 21 September 2017 14:27:35(UTC)  | Reason: more relevant info to add

Tilapia  
#6 Posted : 13 February 2018 16:34:12(UTC)
Tilapia

Originally Posted by: Eley37697 Go to Quoted Post

Dear All,

Just in case you didnt know. Not considering the ELCAS credits you can get 25% discount if military for the NCRQ courses.

Enjoy!

Chris

This is the reply I've just received regarding the NCRQ, I'm a veteran aswell, discharged 1985.

That’s right, for those who contact us to enquire about ELCAS funding, there is a current offer of 25% off on the course, however a separate application and proof of ELCAS eligibility would then need to be completed before the amount can be discounted.

As you are already enrolled onto the certificate, we would not be able to offer the discount at this time unfortunately, but in the future should you decide to enrol onto the next unit, please remember to request an ELCAS eligibility application from our finance team, when hopefully the offer will be still running. 

It appears you have to mention it when enrolling as I can't seem to find mention of it on the NCRQ website. 

Bootneck997  
#7 Posted : 13 February 2018 17:23:52(UTC)
Bootneck997

NCRQ's response appears to exclude serving and former reservists who don't qualify for ELCAS.

Anyone who is serving should however consider utilising their Standard Learning Credits and this includes serving reservists.