Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Shamiha  
#1 Posted : 10 November 2017 13:57:08(UTC)
Shamiha

Hello All,

Anyone working on or having completed the new Unit DNI - Nebosh syllabus please?

Some advice/help required.

Thanks, ​​​​​​​Shamiha

georgiaredmayne  
#2 Posted : 15 November 2017 09:35:15(UTC)
georgiaredmayne

Hi Shamiha,

I am about to submit mine for the November deadline... what are you after I may be able to help?

Georgia

CRALALARIV  
#3 Posted : 23 November 2017 06:56:22(UTC)
CRALALARIV

Hi Georgia, I'll have a DNI exam soon, but I really do not know how to do. I could be fine if you or someone else can guide me. my e.mail is j.m-inter@moov.mg

with kind regards

Christophe

georgiaredmayne  
#4 Posted : 27 November 2017 15:08:26(UTC)
georgiaredmayne

Hi Christophe,

The Unit DNI guidance notes are available here http://www.nebosh.org.uk...0rew%291522017261047.pdf

They have really helped me with my assignment.

Kind regards,

Georgia

CRALALARIV  
#5 Posted : 28 November 2017 04:18:19(UTC)
CRALALARIV

Thank you for your message.

for me the real problem is that I do not know how the exam is going to be. 
Do i have to define the subject and the site myself or is nebosh sending the subject as in the previous exams?
Would it be possible for you to send me your previous work ?  you will be of great help to me, 
I will not have a second chance for this examination

hope to hear from you soon

​​​​​​​Christophe

Originally Posted by: georgiaredmayne Go to Quoted Post

Hi Christophe,

The Unit DNI guidance notes are available here http://www.nebosh.org.uk...0rew%291522017261047.pdf

They have really helped me with my assignment.

Kind regards,

Georgia

georgiaredmayne  
#6 Posted : 28 November 2017 08:23:10(UTC)
georgiaredmayne

Originally Posted by: CRALALARIV Go to Quoted Post
Thank you for your message.for me the real problem is that I do not know how the exam is going to be. Do i have to define the subject and the site myself or is nebosh sending the subject as in the previous exams?Would it be possible for you to send me your previous work ? you will be of great help to me, I will not have a second chance for this examinationhope to hear from you soon ​​​​​​​Christophe
Originally Posted by: georgiaredmayne Go to Quoted Post
Hi Christophe,The Unit DNI guidance notes are available here http://www.nebosh.org.uk...0rew%291522017261047.pdf They have really helped me with my assignment. Kind regards, Georgia
Hi Christophe, No unfortunately I cannot send you my work as I could fail due to that and so could you. If you read the guidance you essentially have to write around 12000 words on reviewing the arrangements in place for health and safety management on a company. You will have to submit on a deadline (once you have booked when you want to submit through NEBOSH). Happy to give you some pointers once you’ve started doing it Georgia
websteco  
#7 Posted : 29 November 2017 09:17:53(UTC)
websteco

Hi Georgia,

I'm currently working on the DNI assignment. Just hit a brick wall on the Risk Profile part of the critical analysis section. Every time I attempt it start this it feels like I'm repeating areas I've included in the other sections.

Any pointers on how you approached this section please? what methodology did you use etc...

Many thanks,

Colin.

georgiaredmayne  
#8 Posted : 29 November 2017 12:43:29(UTC)
georgiaredmayne

Originally Posted by: websteco Go to Quoted Post

Hi Georgia,

I'm currently working on the DNI assignment. Just hit a brick wall on the Risk Profile part of the critical analysis section. Every time I attempt it start this it feels like I'm repeating areas I've included in the other sections.

Any pointers on how you approached this section please? what methodology did you use etc...

Many thanks,

Colin.

Hi Colin,

I split the section into two here as I kind of hit a brick wall but I didn't mention some of the risks within the assignment. However I had corporate risks such as (loss of our certification or overall a significant incident) and then local site risks (i.e. poor electrical safety management)

In terms of methodology I simply reviewed current risk assessments (my old company at the time didnt have any risk profiles and that was one of my recommendations) other than that I places the below points in a table and went through each:

Activity

Standard required

What’s in place

Acceptable (Y/N)

Gap/improvement required

Edited by user 29 November 2017 12:48:29(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

websteco  
#9 Posted : 29 November 2017 15:29:31(UTC)
websteco

Thanks for the reply Georgia.

I have a similar issue with my current workplace - no risk profile in place.

I've made some good progress so far - next step is the evaluation of improvement req - Can't wait!

I have to say, apart from the Unit DNI guide, there are very little guidance or past reports etc... you really don't know if you are on the right track or not.

Good luck - hope you nail it :-)

Colin.

georgiaredmayne  
#10 Posted : 29 November 2017 17:18:05(UTC)
georgiaredmayne

Thanks Colin - you too. I have submitted mine it’s the waiting game now and I agree re. The guidance on it not huge amounts out there! Kind regards Georgia
thanks 1 user thanked georgiaredmayne for this useful post.
websteco on 30/11/2017(UTC)
SNS  
#11 Posted : 29 November 2017 23:08:37(UTC)
SNS

If you read the guidance and extract the headings for each section it will produce a framework for you to fill in. Using that framework method worked for me but it is each to their own favoured method.

Keep going back to the guidance as you progress.

Good luck, it is a chore but worthwhile in the end.

thanks 1 user thanked SNS for this useful post.
websteco on 30/11/2017(UTC)
websteco  
#12 Posted : 30 November 2017 08:59:35(UTC)
websteco

Thanks, SNS.

That's pretty much the way I'm going with mine too, although it is hard not to repeat yourself throughout the assignment.

Thanks for your help :-)