Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Booboosoul  
#1 Posted : 18 November 2017 15:05:43(UTC)
Booboosoul

I am now looking to move my career towards the construction industry have spent the last few years in Oil and Gas, Safety, Emergency Response. 

I am looking to get more construction safety certification behind me, however, refuse to do the full NEBOSH course again to allow me to get the Construction Certificate. So I am looking at other providers and came across ABIOSH  Awarding Body OF International Occupational Safety. 

Having looked at their site they have some good courses, although unsure they are accredited to? 

Any help or advice would be appreciated. 

Booboosoul

RayRapp  
#2 Posted : 18 November 2017 20:30:00(UTC)
RayRapp

Never heard of ABIOSH...tell me more please.

Elfin Davy 09  
#3 Posted : 20 November 2017 14:25:45(UTC)
Elfin Davy 09

It looks like they're an independent company based in North East England.  They appear to offer "bespoke" training courses and qualifications, but not so sure how recognised their products / qualifications would be.

Must admit that - until today - I'd never heard of them either....

http://www.abiosh.co.uk/

George_Young  
#4 Posted : 20 November 2017 14:30:34(UTC)
George_Young

I've never heard of the either and they are on my door step (4 miles away)

RayRapp  
#5 Posted : 27 November 2017 08:50:08(UTC)
RayRapp

Hmm very odd on one appears to have heard of ABIOSH, yet a very impressive web site. Surely, someone must be using their services?