Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Salcol72  
#1 Posted : 30 January 2018 10:39:50(UTC)
Salcol72

One of my colleagues would like to study for a Health & Safety qualification and he has been comparing Nebosh NGC1 against the CIEH L4 Health & Safety in the Workplace.

I studied NEBOSH so I feel I can't give advice to my colleague so,

My question to the forum is: Has anyone taken the CIEH L4 and what is your opinion?

Thank you in advance

Sarah

George_Young  
#2 Posted : 30 January 2018 16:32:28(UTC)
George_Young

While I can not comment on the CIEH, 

Get your friend to look at the NCRQ Level 6 Certificate in Applied Health & Safety.

I have did both NEBOSH and NCRQ routes and I personally found the NCRQ route the better option.

I did the full NCRQ diploma, but still had to study the Level 6 Certificate before hand.

Regards

lorna  
#3 Posted : 31 January 2018 13:09:14(UTC)
lorna

The CIEH haev recently changed all their qualifications & I don't think there is a new Level 4 at the moment. A quick check of their website would confirm that.

Bootneck997  
#4 Posted : 31 January 2018 23:03:56(UTC)
Bootneck997

I have been involved in establishing the delivery of the IOSH level 3 'Health and Safety for Business' course which was launched late last year.

Although yet to deliver this, (which should take place in the spring), I have had a good look at the content and I really like it. 

Portfolio based assignments and lots of delegate interaction over the 3 units make it very appealing.

There is plenty of info available from IOSH and it's well worth further investigation.