Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bluemilk  
#1 Posted : 16 February 2018 11:46:50(UTC)
Bluemilk

Can anyone who has worked on this unit offer some guidance? The questions are so poorly written I'm having trouble understanding what they want.  For 1.8, I've mentioned training and employee consultation but I'm a bit stuck on a and b

any help greatly appreciated. 

Dean

Edited by user 16 February 2018 11:47:35(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

linda xc  
#2 Posted : 22 February 2018 18:05:15(UTC)
linda xc

Hi Dean

Your NVQ provider will have worded the question not the awarding organisation - you may get more response if you type the question out.... 

Regards

Linda

Waz  
#3 Posted : 09 April 2018 11:33:45(UTC)
Waz

1.8 in particular is asking you to describe the different sources of information and advice available (health and safety related) that inform the desicion making process for your organisation.

There are lots of information from Enforcing Authorities e.g. HSE; trade journals like IOSH Magazine/SHPOnline, Local Authority (Environmental Health), Training Organisations, Consultants, Insurance Body etc. that are all external and have to be approached (HSE/LA and Insurance Company apart) to provide health and safety information / advice.  Internally, tradesman, the health and safety competent advisor.....

It is numerous, and I presume we are on the same NVQ Unit & Page??