Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : 16 February 2018 12:40:44(UTC)

I looking for inspiration for the selection of a workplace research topic!

It is suggested that we select something that we are interested in and something we know about, which for me is Construction and CDM2015 (in the main as the client) and I need to pull in the environment also.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thx in advance

Carol B  
#2 Posted : 19 February 2018 15:12:52(UTC)
Carol B

Is this with Hull Uni, if so I guess you are doing your research proposal.  Are there any parts of construction that you are particularly interested in, e.g. working at height, PPE compliance, behavioural safety etc.  From finding an intial topic have a quick google (other search engines are available) of research that is already out there, pick a couple to read a go from there.  If you are with Hull Uni, the topic you choose now doesn't have to be the topic of your final project, but believe it will make it alot easier.

The key is to finding something you are interested in as you are going to spend a lot of time getting familar withthe subject, but something that hasn't been over done already

Good luck

#3 Posted : 19 February 2018 19:19:43(UTC)

I would suggest temporary works. That is a subject that you can really go into depth with and quite easily do 8000 words on without having to waffle at all to bulk up the word count. I am pretty sure that the reader will not be expecting that as a topic. Therefore higher marks.