Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RoisRoisK  
#1 Posted : 26 February 2018 17:36:37(UTC)
RoisRoisK

Looking for some recommendations and advice on suitable incident investigation techniques for a large utility contractor. 

Focus is towards incident investigation methods and techniques for the higher category type incidents; significant injuries, major spills, multiple collision, etc.

Kelvin TOP-SET seems quite good. What are others using; what were your reasons for choosing same? Scope, limitations, etc. Appreciate any recommendations.

Many thanks

Waz  
#2 Posted : 04 April 2018 14:35:24(UTC)
Waz

TAPROOT;

TRIPOD; or

I use ICAM, Incident Causation Assessment Methodology and I have a sheet designed to help me through this.  If you PM me I could share, as I don't appear to be able to upload files.

Regards

Waz

SHV  
#3 Posted : 20 April 2018 06:20:02(UTC)
SHV

Rios

I did both Tap Root and Top  Set

Top Set,:

Easy to understand , logic method and can be demonstrated to Management and workforce in simple way,  use can interlink it to the Tripod Beta method too

Tap Root

Require software to make snap chart ( like incident time line in Top set method) , a bit complex  but heavily concentrate on system failures  and human failures , requires heavy practice to be master , needs guidance etc 

Boths  can be used for major incidents , both software need licence  to operate  

SHV

thanks 1 user thanked SHV for this useful post.
Alex2017 on 27/04/2018(UTC)