Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PeteHLG  
#1 Posted : 27 February 2018 12:57:24(UTC)
PeteHLG

Hi all,

As can be seen from my user name, i`m Pete, or formally and stating the obvious Peter.

I am a Criminal Defence lawyer, working all over the South East, largley in Beds, Herts,  andCambs.

I have experience of defending Health and Safety prosecutions, and i am familiar with the relevant legislation, eg, Health and Safety at Work Act.

For various reasons i am looking to break away from criminal defence work, and the Criminal Justice System per se, including litigating and prosecuting, and i am seeking to effect a career change into Health and Safety.

I hold an LLB Hons degree in Law, however as stated my only experience in Health and Safety is defending prosecutions.

I am seeking advice as to how to best gain entry into the Health and safety profession, and what qualifications would be best suited to obtain, ie, a NEBOSH qualification of some variation or the NCRQ.

I would also like suggestions, and feedback on how best to obtain experience in order to progress my transition; paid or unpaid or voluntary experience, or shadowing a seasoned professional, ideas please ?

All ideas and feedback very much welcomed.

Many thanks to all whomever reads this. I look forward to hearing from anyone.

Best regards,

PeteHLG 

moderator 4  
#2 Posted : 27 February 2018 15:31:38(UTC)
moderator 4

If anyone can assist Pete, please respond using the PM facility. This thread is now locked in accordance with usual practice.

Moderator 4