Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ChloeH96  
#1 Posted : 07 March 2018 20:14:07(UTC)
ChloeH96

So I have been offered an internship with Rolls-Royce, they are creating the internship in safety for me as it has never been done before. I am extremely excited, however I now have to sit a couple of tests to ensure I am compatible to the company. One of the tests is a verbal reasoning test and so far I am pretty bad. Does anyone have any advice on how to improve my ability? I have 7 days before the tests need to be completed and am in the middle of writing my dissertation so the stress is on ! Any advice would be very helpful and much appreciated ! Chloe
A Kurdziel  
#2 Posted : 08 March 2018 10:17:15(UTC)
A Kurdziel

These reasoning tests are quite common with larger employers but here are two things to remember.

1. It is a standard test given to everybody and the questions get harder, so you are not expected to get then all right. They just want an idea of what level you are at.
  2. If you practice you get better at them.

-Me I used to hate the numbers and shapes based ones especially if I was conscious that the clock was ticking as I have the memory of a gold fish

-Me I used to hate the numbers and shapes based ones especially if I  was conscious that the clock was ticking as I have the memory of a gold fish

-Me I used to hate the numbers …

Good luck-

Edited by user 08 March 2018 10:48:28(UTC)  | Reason: me and my dyslexia

Hsquared14  
#3 Posted : 08 March 2018 10:44:03(UTC)
Hsquared14

Practice, practice, practice!!  Go on line and see what you can find to practice on.  Do you know what aspect of it you find hard?  You can get books but I'm guessing you won't really have time to go out and get them.  Unfortunately I can't do internet searches at the moment or I would look a few websites  up for you that I used when doing NEBOSH Certificate training to help students get their heads around question answering techniques.  If you Google it you will find loads to get your teeth into.

Best of luck