Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gareth64  
#1 Posted : 14 March 2018 21:08:40(UTC)
gareth64

Good evening all,

I have recently completed my NEBOSH Certificate in Construction, awaiting results, and currently looking for experience in the field.

I am happy to assist for free and will work hard.  I have experience as a labourer and I have experience of Health and Safety in a health club/ gym. I need something that will bring these two together so I can commence a career in Health and Safety.

I do have many transferrable skills that would be assistance to you, including admin, customer service, project management, labouring, decorating, technology. I even make a mean cup of tea.

If anybody needs a hand with any of the above I would happily exchange this for a chance to see a H&S role first hand. I would be very grateful for the opportunity. whether it is for one day, one week, or ongoing.

Please contact me if you have any advice, questions or opportunities.

Many thanks

Gareth

garethjnicholls@aol.com

lorna  
#2 Posted : 15 March 2018 10:39:54(UTC)
lorna

I think identifying your location & the area you're considering/limit of commute would be beneficial. I once offered some work experience only to find that he wasn't willing to travel beyond London...

gareth64  
#3 Posted : 15 March 2018 11:12:28(UTC)
gareth64

Originally Posted by: lorna Go to Quoted Post

I think identifying your location & the area you're considering/limit of commute would be beneficial. I once offered some work experience only to find that he wasn't willing to travel beyond London...

Hi Lorna,

Very good point well made, thank you1

I live in South Woodford, on the border of East London and Essex, (E18 post code).  From here I would be willing to commute up to 1 hour 30 minutes.  

I have a CSCS card which allows me on site, but I do not want to limit this opportunity to just construction based Health and Safety, but my main interests would be construction, sports, leisure and facilities management.

Thank you again

Gareth

lorna  
#4 Posted : 16 March 2018 11:26:24(UTC)
lorna

I'm a few hundred miles north but wish you good luck - have you approached your local IOSH branch, perhaps they could send out a round robin e-mail? After all , I'm always being told there are plenty of opportunities in London & I should move south (no thanks!)

Edited by user 16 March 2018 11:27:21(UTC)  | Reason: I type faster than I can spell!