Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Shelby126  
#1 Posted : 24 May 2018 15:53:30(UTC)
Shelby126

Hi all and thank you for reading this. I have an interview for an OH position in Scotland and they want an 8 minute PowerPoint presentation on "Influence of 'Health Clearance document for Tuberculosis, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C and HIV' on Occupational Health Practice." I can see the document online but have no idea how this influences OH nursing practice. I've always wanted to do this job and I am keen to get this right. Any help and suggestions would be very much appreciated. Many thanks in advance Shelby
peter gotch  
#2 Posted : 25 May 2018 14:58:11(UTC)
peter gotch

Hi Shelby

Lack of any response could mean that you would be better asking the Q somewhere else.

Could be that application of this document is resulting in some discrimination issues at the front line which might be subject of intense debate amongsts the OH profession.

If so, the interviewers could be testing your research skills to enable you to develop a presentation setting out the pros and cons. Beyond my own competence!

thanks 1 user thanked peter gotch for this useful post.
Shelby126 on 26/05/2018(UTC)
Shelby126  
#3 Posted : 25 May 2018 17:47:14(UTC)
Shelby126

Thank you Peter. Im.still none the wiser lol
johnc  
#4 Posted : 25 May 2018 20:24:18(UTC)
johnc

If you read the document especially the section starting on page 25 there is clear advice on what occ health depts are to provide and what is required depending on different scenarios e.g. someone refusing immunisation. You need to decide what would you be doing if you were the occ health advisor and you needed to implement the advice. Note the requirement for a consultant in Occ Health to answer people's questions. What about the overlap between occ health and infection control teams. How are you to provide info on workers suitabilty to carry out certain tasks to managers without disclosing medical data. How are you going to ensure that new healthcare workers are flagged up to you. What arrangements will there be to audit the system you implement. Hope this helps

Edited by user 25 May 2018 20:25:57(UTC)  | Reason: Spelling error

thanks 1 user thanked johnc for this useful post.
Shelby126  
#5 Posted : 26 May 2018 10:19:05(UTC)
Shelby126

Thank you John. That sounds great. Could you do.it for me? Lol
johnc  
#6 Posted : 26 May 2018 10:31:07(UTC)
johnc

Sorry, just packing for two weeks in Bulgaria. lol
thanks 1 user thanked johnc for this useful post.
Shelby126  
#7 Posted : 26 May 2018 11:33:28(UTC)
Shelby126

It's only 8 mins lol have a blast :)
Darren Bedson  
#8 Posted : 28 May 2018 14:48:55(UTC)
Darren Bedson

Hi Shelby

Do you have contacts with any occupational health practitioners in your local area or IOSH branch that you could ask for advice as they may be able to support your question with an idea of the answer you are soughting.