Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
notlob  
#1 Posted : 14 July 2018 15:30:36(UTC)
notlob

I've got an interview next week, were I have been asked to prepare a 15 minute presentation explaining my knowledge of QEHS.

Has anyone else been asked this in the past, if so how did you tackle it

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

matelot1965  
#2 Posted : 14 July 2018 16:40:30(UTC)
matelot1965

Sounds like they want you to regurgitate your CV. However without seeing the job description I am assuming that they are more interested in your presentation skills. Does the role involve the delivery of training or presentations to senior management ? I had to give a presentation of my own choice for an interview. I chose ISO 45001 as my choice. Did not get the job but they liked my presentation skills and realised that I could effectively deliver training. You need to work out is it really your QHSE knowledge they want or your presentation skills ?

Edited by user 14 July 2018 16:42:19(UTC)  | Reason: grammatical error

notlob  
#3 Posted : 14 July 2018 16:43:45(UTC)
notlob

Thanks for the reply, I'm thinking its the same, how I present myself, I don't think the company want applicants to carry out training as such, but could see how you would be presenting infront of their work force

peter gotch  
#4 Posted : 15 July 2018 13:43:44(UTC)
peter gotch

Have you thought about what QEHS is likely to mean to those who are interviewing you?

What are challenges they are likely to face (and don't forget the Q part of the job!

notlob  
#5 Posted : 16 July 2018 07:16:22(UTC)
notlob

Thanks Peter, I've tried to complete like that, hopefully I'm right