Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
T_Cooper  
#1 Posted : 14 August 2018 15:02:09(UTC)
T_Cooper

I recently completed the NEBOSH International General Certificate course, I have completed my exams in GC 2 and GC3 and recently received my results. I successfully passed these 2 components. I am currently studying for IGC1 and hope to sit this exam in December. my question is..... with having successfully completed the first 2 components am I able to work in the health and safety sector under the guidance of a qualified health and safety consultant?
Ian Bell2  
#2 Posted : 14 August 2018 15:14:33(UTC)
Ian Bell2

Legally you don't need to work under the supervision of anybody - a h&s consultant or whatever.

You have to be competent as defined in the Management Regs - but the qualifications are not stipulated in the regs.

A person shall be regarded as competent for the purposes of paragraphs (1) and (8) where he has sufficient training and experience or knowledge and other qualities to enable him properly to assist in undertaking

Basically its up to you to justify your own competence, if ever challenged.

WatsonD  
#3 Posted : 15 August 2018 09:19:41(UTC)
WatsonD

Ian has said it all.