Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Tastyshrimp  
#1 Posted : 30 October 2018 08:20:34(UTC)
Tastyshrimp

Good morning all,

I have a question about criterion 2.4 in version 6 of the skills development portfolio guidance. This criterion is 'engaging individuals and groups in developing and implementing a health and safety policy'.

In the key points section, it states that 'you can use a health and safety policy, procedure or process that you've developed to cover this criterion'. My question is, can I therefore use a health and safety Code of Practice? This is very similar to a procedure and, if I could use it, would be great as I have nearly all the evidence ready to submit. The terminology is simply that which is preferred in my organisation.

I have been assigned a mentor but unfortunately he has never made contact with me and I have no contact details for him...hence I am asking for advice from you excellent people!

Many thanks in advance for any help you can offer :-)

biker1  
#2 Posted : 30 October 2018 09:55:19(UTC)
biker1

I don't see why not, but I would check with the membership development department at IOSH if I were you.

Woolf13  
#3 Posted : 30 October 2018 12:32:20(UTC)
Woolf13

Hi,

The answer is yes as it is just your orgnaisational terminology by calling it a "health and safety code of practice". If this is something that has been developed internally by a team which has been led by you then yes you should use the evidence you have as it is a procedure/process which answers the core question.

However, just for information, if for example you are referring to a "health and safety code of practice" as something that has been developed externally by the HSE which you are using then the answer is no.

Best of luck!

sjh1973  
#4 Posted : 14 November 2018 14:24:28(UTC)
sjh1973

Hi,

yes you can, i used our newly written Accident & Incident procedures and it went through ok.