Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
KieranD  
#1 Posted : 15 November 2018 12:55:43(UTC)
KieranD

Leadership behaivour influences the culture of safety in a department or, on the part of a senior leader, across an organisation.

Can you recommend a reliable process, method and validinstrument(s) for assessing how well leaders in your organization influence levels of safety/health? 

Edited by user 15 November 2018 12:57:57(UTC)  | Reason: to check I ticked box for notivations of activity via email

O'Donnell54548  
#2 Posted : 15 November 2018 14:07:03(UTC)
O'Donnell54548

The IOSH Leading Safely provides an excellent Diagnostic Tool which candidates complete prior to attending the face to face training session. I believe the 14 questions contained within this may be a good starting point.

KieranD  
#3 Posted : 15 November 2018 17:54:23(UTC)
KieranD

Thank you, ODonnell....

I'm familiar with the course, having compelted the Managing Safety training.

IOSH sponsorship is not evidence of either evidence of reliable process or valid measurement instruments.

If yan you point to any published evidence that it osffers a 'reliable process' and 'valid measurement instruements' of leadership, please do.  Without such evidence, it's rather like the pastor encouraging her chuch choir to sing:  well-intentioned and motivating for some but not evidnece of leadership to a promised land.

ClarkeScholes  
#4 Posted : 20 November 2018 12:46:34(UTC)
ClarkeScholes

I used INDG417 as a starting point and got the MD to answer the questions in there.