Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
EmmaRHG  
#1 Posted : 25 June 2019 13:40:06(UTC)
EmmaRHG

Hi everyone,

Can anyone suggest an online or distance learning option for the National Diploma that has an exam centre in the south? I was talking to a rep from Astutis who mentioned exam centres in Southampton but I can't find this on their website to confirm it. 

Im based on the Isle of Wight and looking for an option that doesn't involve a lot of travel for exams. 

George_Young  
#2 Posted : 25 June 2019 18:00:14(UTC)
George_Young

I used RRC, but their exams are in London

https://www.rrc.co.uk/pdfs/ndip%20datasheet.pdf

Depending what you require, have you considered the NCRQ route? Which requires no exams, just assignments

https://www.ncrq.org.uk/

EmmaRHG  
#3 Posted : 26 June 2019 07:40:47(UTC)
EmmaRHG

Thanks George, I will have a look at that qualification. I had set my sights on NEBOSH but actually this looks quite good.

I wonder if there is a general preference from employers for the NEBOSH qualification though? certainly all the jobs ads I've seen require the National Diploma

George_Young  
#4 Posted : 26 June 2019 07:49:00(UTC)
George_Young

Originally Posted by: EmmaRHG Go to Quoted Post

Thanks George, I will have a look at that qualification. I had set my sights on NEBOSH but actually this looks quite good.

I wonder if there is a general preference from employers for the NEBOSH qualification though? certainly all the jobs ads I've seen require the National Diploma

I have completed the NCRQ diploma, I was one of the first to complete it several years ago. I have had job interviews that stated the NEBOSH Diploma, but on my CV I stated it was NEBOSH equivalent. many potential employers asked about the NCRQ diploma and were impressed by it. The NCRQ diploma has also allowed me to study the NEBOSH Masters degree.

Some people rate it, some don't. But I would happily study another NCRQ diploma as I hate exams. I fyou require any more information, feel free to inbox me.

Regards

thanks 1 user thanked George_Young for this useful post.
jwk on 26/06/2019(UTC)
WeSam  
#5 Posted : 26 June 2019 10:41:00(UTC)
WeSam

I have completed the NCRQ diploma, I was one of the first to complete it several years ago. I have had job interviews that stated the NEBOSH Diploma, but on my CV I stated it was NEBOSH equivalent. many potential employers asked about the NCRQ diploma and were impressed by it. The NCRQ diploma has also allowed me to study the NEBOSH Masters degree.

Some people rate it, some don't. But I would happily study another NCRQ diploma as I hate exams. I fyou require any more information, feel free to inbox me.

Regards

Hi George_Young. Can you clarify regarding your comment on "NEBOSH Masters Degree" and which insttitutions accept this. Am looking forward to upgrading to the masters level with the Profession.

I basicall went through NVQ, and I have the City & Guilds Level 5 diploma and Ofqual NVQ Level 6. I need to progress to the masters level but need the best approach info.

WeSam  
#6 Posted : 26 June 2019 10:45:20(UTC)
WeSam

Hi George_Young. Can you clarify regarding your comment on "NEBOSH Masters Degree" and which insttitutions accept this. Am looking forward to upgrading to the masters level with the Profession.

I basicall went through NVQ, and I have the City & Guilds Level 5 diploma and Ofqual NVQ Level 6. I need to progress to the masters level but need the best approach info.

George_Young  
#7 Posted : 26 June 2019 10:56:32(UTC)
George_Young

Originally Posted by: WeSam Go to Quoted Post

As far as am aware, only the University of Hull offers the NEBOSH MSc, I am currently coming to the end of my first year. However, I selected the Health, Safety & Environmental management 

NEBOSH website

University of Hull website

Regards

WeSam  
#8 Posted : 26 June 2019 11:16:53(UTC)
WeSam

Hi George_Young,

Thanks so much, your info is very usefull. Appreciated. I will proceed accordingly considering the necsessar costs - financial impact, time, etc.

Regards.

George_Young  
#9 Posted : 26 June 2019 12:53:23(UTC)
George_Young

Originally Posted by: WeSam Go to Quoted Post

Hi George_Young,

Thanks so much, your info is very usefull. Appreciated. I will proceed accordingly considering the necsessar costs - financial impact, time, etc.

Regards.

You can get Postgraduate loans for MSc programmes