Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
AmyQdos  
#1 Posted : 23 August 2019 13:49:38(UTC)
AmyQdos

Hi all,

Recently joined as an IOSH Student Member. I'm currently studying on the Level 3 Safety, Health and Environment apprenticeship and wondered if anyone else was also on this standard? Would be really good to chat to others to exchange ideas and knowledge :)

Dave5705  
#2 Posted : 25 August 2019 05:55:14(UTC)
Dave5705

Hello (Amy?) Welcome to the forum.

It doesn't matter a jot to us that you are working at level 3, anyone on here would be more than happy to chat/help/give an opinion on any SHE related matter at any level, it's what this forum is for!

Widen your horizons, you will gain an understanding of how HSE is managed around the UK and abroad too, and learn much at the same time.

Kind regards

thanks 1 user thanked Dave5705 for this useful post.
AmyQdos on 06/09/2019(UTC)
hilary  
#3 Posted : 30 August 2019 10:56:09(UTC)
hilary

Hi Amy

Welcome to the forums.  Best thing to remember is that most of the members on here did Level 3 at one stage in their career or another.  We all remember NEBOSH General Certificate with varying degrees of emotion.

Any questions, just ask, everyone will be happy to help you.

thanks 1 user thanked hilary for this useful post.
Natasha.Graham  
#4 Posted : 02 September 2019 10:11:27(UTC)
Natasha.Graham

Hi Amy

Welcome! As Hilary and Dave have said most of us will have done a level 3 course at some point - feel free to ask us anything.

I have found the people on this forum to be very knowledgeable and the content useful.

thanks 1 user thanked Natasha.Graham for this useful post.
AmyQdos  
#5 Posted : 06 September 2019 15:19:23(UTC)
AmyQdos

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Still feel like I'm stabbing around in the dark at the moment haha!

Who knew the world of Health and Safety was so vast!

Hazel Richardson  
#6 Posted : 30 October 2019 21:49:02(UTC)
Hazel Richardson

Hi Amy

I'm starting this tomorrow so have a little bit of catching up to do! I'm currently a Health and Safety Officer for a multi academy trust which is my first H&S role, I've previously been a Facilities Manager so although not new to H&S, I have a lot to learn.

TudorWilliams  
#7 Posted : 09 November 2019 11:36:07(UTC)
TudorWilliams

Echo all the previous comments. Good for you and fellow students to share your experiences as you go along. Many of us I am sure would want to know how it goes and how your finding the experience
lumusislight  
#8 Posted : 20 March 2020 10:54:28(UTC)
lumusislight

Originally Posted by: Hazel

Any SHE Technician apprentices here who could share their experience? How do you know that you're doing everything the right way? I was offered an apprenticeship at a local agency and I have sent them an application as I have built the custom writing company portfolio featuring my previous academic publications, but I'm not sure if these are needed and whether I need to give the references.

I was an apprentice at Cognitia last year. I usually check the updates of the apprenticeship standards at the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education. You can check the full list from Academic Professional to Youth Worker.