Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MrBrightside  
#1 Posted : 26 September 2019 09:00:43(UTC)
MrBrightside

Morning all,

I have previous experience in carrying out fire risk assessments (on the job training with a trained assessor) but I have never had any certified training. With the conversations around competence and fire risk assessments I'm looking for a good course. 

Looking for something which is a mix of knowledge based learning and practical, not really a fan of NEBOSH, however willing to take a look based on recommendations. I'm happy with Online or Classroom based (not great at exams!).

Looking at the FPA course as the front runner at the moment, but any experience or recommendations would be helpful.

Thank you

stevedm  
#2 Posted : 26 September 2019 09:20:34(UTC)
stevedm

I have done both FPA and Fire Service College courses - (HAZMAT and Fire Engineering) and would recommend the Fire Service College...bit more money than the rest but if you and wanting to confirm conpetence I would recommend it...

Gerry Knowles  
#3 Posted : 26 September 2019 13:45:07(UTC)
Gerry Knowles

I have done the FPA fire risk assessment course.  It is held at The Fire service College at Morton in Marsh.  It is a bit more expensive but the training is excellent and worthwhile.  

Connor35037  
#4 Posted : 27 September 2019 15:01:38(UTC)
Connor35037

I did the FPA course and would recommend it.

score  
#5 Posted : 01 October 2019 14:49:33(UTC)
score

I am booked on to do the FRA training at the Fire Service College at the beginning of December so im very pleased about the positive comments.