Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gerry Knowles  
#1 Posted : 16 October 2019 14:00:12(UTC)
Gerry Knowles

I have been asked if there is a legal requirement to routinely inspect the components parts of a tower scaffold and provide a certificate of inspection to the user.  I know that a hirer must supply instructions around how to erect the tower.  Once erected it must then be inspected as would a normal tube and clip scaffold.  

I am guessing that common sense would prevale and that a hirer would inspect them before they were hired out and the person erecting them would inspect the parts whilst they were building it, and reject them as necessary   Any comments would be appreciated

Fun Police  
#2 Posted : 17 October 2019 08:27:39(UTC)
Fun Police

As part of the Work at Height Regulations, duty holders must ensure that all work at height is properly planned and organised, and those involved in work at height are competent with the risks from work at height assessed and appropriate work equipment is selected and used with the risks from fragile surfaces properly controlled and the equipment for work at height is properly inspected and maintained.

Alfasev  
#3 Posted : 17 October 2019 09:46:01(UTC)
Alfasev

PASMA are the trade assication fot tower scaffolding. https://pasma.co.uk/ . It has recomedations and is consulted by the HSE.