Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
keith666  
#1 Posted : 24 October 2019 12:55:13(UTC)
keith666

I am looking for some specific guidance on IPD and areas of the criteria, involved with a wider support group which also may generate additional questions.

Specifically, element 3.2 (V5 of criteria), Producing in house publications

This allows for 2 options: Using items produced as part of a campaign and a regular publication produced.

The question relates to what evidence would be acceptable, i have created documents as part of a wider campaign, these not initially for employer, but ultimately used in a campaign.

Also i regularly create alerts/lessons learned documents after safety events as part of investigations, these not mentioned in the criteria.

Has anyone completed this section and been able to use similar material, as H&S professionals, regular alert material is produced and relates to current, relevant events.

Any assistance appreciated.

Thanks

thanks 1 user thanked keith666 for this useful post.
martin paul jones on 25/01/2020(UTC)
JayPownall  
#2 Posted : 24 October 2019 15:57:35(UTC)
JayPownall

So long as what you evidence is not "Policy documents, risk assessments, procedures, health and safety plans or safe systems of work" then information created and shared following events are likely to be sufficient (not in isolation though) - a simple post event brief is likely not going to be sufficient enough on its own. In an ideal world you'd submit evidence relating directly to a campaign you may have led, but where that's not possible, such as here, provided you make clear what your involvement was, it should be ok. Key is to ensure where possible the evidence is all your own work, and you provide a couple of examples as per the criteria. Don't fall foul of not submitting enough publications or 'showing your workings out'. Jay
thanks 1 user thanked JayPownall for this useful post.
martin paul jones on 25/01/2020(UTC)
keith666  
#3 Posted : 24 October 2019 16:10:08(UTC)
keith666

Thanks Jay, have good evidence of campaign materials compiled and used and for individual alerts, can demonstrate initial safety event that led to creation and rationale behind them. Will discuss at IOSH meeting next week, but 2-3 items from a campaign and 4-6 other items was what i had in mind, will see what the opinion is on this. Thanks
JayPownall  
#4 Posted : 24 October 2019 16:31:39(UTC)
JayPownall

Yep talk it through with a few others, I'm limited in what I can say as an assessor myself - but quality and quantity combined and you won't go far wrong!
keith666  
#5 Posted : 24 October 2019 18:08:21(UTC)
keith666

Thanks for the feedback, it is appreciated. Thanks
craigbutler2015  
#6 Posted : 11 January 2020 00:36:19(UTC)
craigbutler2015

hello,

I have looked but cant find an answer.

How long does it normally take for a section to be reivewed once submitted? ive been compining my evidence over 6-12 months and have submitted 4 sections. Just out of curiosity in reality.

Thanks for any replies

jodieclark1510  
#7 Posted : 14 January 2020 08:48:45(UTC)
jodieclark1510

I think generally it is 2 weeks at the most