Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Centurion  
#1 Posted : 17 January 2020 14:58:05(UTC)
Centurion

I have been looking into the NCRQ qualifications and have been informed by them that to finish the Diploma you have to complete the “final 3rd stage” by undertaking a “mysterious 3rd Unit”.

The contents of this “mysterious 3rd Unit” are not advertised.

You are only made aware of it after you have actually completed stages 1 and 2 (which consist of the contents of both Certificates or the same items covered within the Diploma programme).

Is that correct or has it been incorrectly explained?

Andrew Halliday  
#2 Posted : 17 January 2020 15:51:09(UTC)
Andrew Halliday

The Diploma of the NCRQ consists of working through the final workbook.

The other two NCRQ qualifications follow a similar method of study but they have several assignments throughout each course. The only difference is that at the end of the Diploma workbook you undertake a single longer assignment.

thanks 2 users thanked Andrew Halliday for this useful post.
Centurion on 17/01/2020(UTC), martin paul jones on 17/01/2020(UTC)
Dave5705  
#3 Posted : 19 January 2020 10:31:19(UTC)
Dave5705

I'm not quite sure what you mean Centurion. There is nothing mysterious about the 3rd module, it is the final module in a set of three. I think maybe you are getting confused because the other two modules are qualifications in themselves, you can do them in isolation if you wish, whereas the third is not a qualification by itself. By that I mean you can't do the third without the other two and get a diploma. You must have completed the first two before you can take the third. (That third module is extremely challenging, there is a lot of content, it is almost twice the weight of the others, but the final assignment tests all you have learned in the first two in conjunction with the third.)

To say you are only made aware of it after completing the first two is simply not true, you must be misunderstanding something you have read. I never had that misunderstanding, it was clear from the start.

Does that answer your question?

thanks 1 user thanked Dave5705 for this useful post.
Centurion on 19/01/2020(UTC)
Centurion  
#4 Posted : 19 January 2020 11:11:18(UTC)
Centurion

Dave 5705

Thanks for your reply - most appreciated.

As I said in my listing - I did actually speak to NCRQ and that is what I was told.

Dave5705  
#5 Posted : 19 January 2020 11:39:24(UTC)
Dave5705

Ah, then it has been badly explained. Hope it's clear now.

regards

inspector Gadget  
#6 Posted : 20 January 2020 10:33:23(UTC)
inspector Gadget

The secret 3rd Unit is the NEBOSH Diploma

Centurion  
#7 Posted : 20 January 2020 12:00:11(UTC)
Centurion

All sorted.