Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
marek14334pl@gmail.com  
#1 Posted : 03 February 2020 15:50:42(UTC)
marek14334pl@gmail.com

Hello,
I recently completed a City & Guilds level 5 Diploma in Health and Safety Practice and I am considering conversion to level 6 where awarding body is ProQual. Have any of you completed such a conversion? There are several training providers who offer an upgrade, where in the description of the required elements there is an excerpt from the unit 611 level 5 diploma - CPD, ethical issues etc. Can anyone who has completed the conversion be able to say what exactly is required to obtain level 6? I wrote to several training providers but receives completely different answers, starting with that if I currently have level 5 with unit 611, it is exactly the same as level 6, after answering that level 5 with unit 611 is only 30% of all work required, where additional units and more details are required in the finished units. I hope that some of you will be able to explain what exactly had to do in the upgrade process.

linda xc  
#2 Posted : 17 February 2020 20:55:43(UTC)
linda xc

I looked into this at depth. Perhaps you ought to discuss it with IOSH directly.

Why do you need/want the "level 6"?

Are you already CMIOSH? 

regards

Linda 

marek14334pl@gmail.com  
#3 Posted : 24 February 2020 13:26:14(UTC)
marek14334pl@gmail.com

Level 6 is an equivalent to the academic bachelor degree (helps with conversion process in other country - to get the same level of diploma in my original country). Level 5 is not allocated to any specific level. 

Already Im under review of my GradIOSH application, and I will start my jorney towards CMIOSH.