Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DaisyMaisy  
#1 Posted : 20 February 2020 11:11:17(UTC)
DaisyMaisy

Hi everyone veryone I am looking for advice please. I am qualified to NEBOSH General Certificate level since 2000 and have 8 years health and safety before then. I have worked self employed consultant for the past 11 years but have pretty much retired over the last year doing work here and there to help old clients. I have been asked by two of those clients return as their consultant. My questions are: as my input had been minimum over the last couple of years and my Technical Mrmbership has expired would rejoining give me the competent level needed to return along with access to continue CPD? I am certain this is the case. Would you suggest a refresher? Does such a course exist? It's just a thought at the moment the work will not be regular probably four days a month. They are both areas I am familiar with. Leisure industry. Any advice appreciated.
peter gotch  
#2 Posted : 20 February 2020 19:49:00(UTC)
peter gotch

Daisy, to some extent the only person who can answer your question is you, not least as the "leisure industry" encompasses a very wide range of risks and we don't what role you have provided for your clients before and during semi-retirement.

marillionfan  
#3 Posted : 25 March 2020 15:41:42(UTC)
marillionfan

Hi Daisy, I am semi-retired and working as a part-time consultant with  the Leisure Industry (although closed down at the moment). Get in touch if there is anything I can help you with (resources etc).

RayRapp  
#4 Posted : 26 March 2020 10:25:41(UTC)
RayRapp

I think you will find post Covid-19 there is a lot of competition for jobs. Many industries like the leisure industry will have contracted during this outbreak. Sadly it will be tough times for those looking for work if the economists are correct.