Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gemstone008  
#1 Posted : 04 May 2020 07:04:44(UTC)
Gemstone008

Hi all. Appreciate your thoughts & advice on fire safety development. I am a Nebosh Diploma holder and have also completed the Nebosh Fire Cert. In addition, I have completed a fire risk assessment course with Colin Todd Associates. Im currently furloughed at work, so looking to fill the time with improving my skills in fire safety in particular. Any new course would have to be e-learning due to current lockdown. Anyone completed the Fire Door Inspection Diploma? It’s with FDIS and e-learning based with a test at a physical test centre. I undertake fire risk assessments, so believe this would be a good course to have. Any courses you would recommend that I can complete within a few months? Trying to balance a busy family life also, so the course can’t be too onerous. Thank you.
SBH  
#2 Posted : 05 May 2020 08:27:20(UTC)
SBH

Hi Gemstone008,

I have done this couirse which I found very informative and it lasted just one day with an open book exam at the end of it, which I should say was not as easy as I thought it was going to be. There was quite a bit to learn during the day which also involved carrying out some practical inspections on the local doors. We did this in house so the trainer came to us.

SBH

CMIOSH

thanks 1 user thanked SBH for this useful post.
Gemstone008 on 11/05/2020(UTC)