Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Trevor D Smith  
#1 Posted : 12 July 2020 12:54:11(UTC)
Trevor D Smith

Trevor smith A broad set of skills and experience in Health and Safety with a proven track record of success within B2B, FMCG, utilities, engineering & manufacturing. Multi-site Health, Safety and Environmental management across the UK, with engineering, facilities, installation and change management experience, including developing manufacturing units, strategic planning, maintenance programmes, manufacturing efficiency, profitability initiatives, remote management, business integration, and cultural change. As a member of your senior team I will significantly reduce H&S costs, improve safety, introduce modern low cost systems cutting tedious paperwork and lost time, deliver leading H&S training, and achieve RoSPA awards and ISO standards. This is achieved through effective management of teams, influencing stakeholders and developing a company safety culture with the long term goal of reducing incident rates and thus costs. H&S SPECIALTIES: Team management; site operations; project planning; engineering, maintenance management, equipment installation; ultrahigh purity toxic, corrosive and inert, gas, chemical and water systems. Clean rooms including aseptic. High care and low risk FMCG. OHSAS 18001. ISO14001 ISO45001 EDUCATION  NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety OHS (DipNEBOSH)  NEBOSH Diploma in Environmental Management – Distinction (EnvDipNEBOSH)  HND Physical Science (Chemistry) BTEC  National Certificate in Management Studies – UCW  IEMA Environmental Management PROFESSIONAL  CMIOSH – Chartered Safety and Health Practitioner  MIIRSM – Member International Institute of Risk and Safety Management  PIEMA – Practitioner member of IEMA PERSONAL  Committee Member - South Midland Branch IOSH  Joint Chair of the Herefordshire Health and Safety Group 2017 – 2020  NEBOSH Diploma Examiner – NEBOSH  Community Safety Volunteer with HW Fire Rescue Service 2010 -2018 o Fire Authority Chairman’s Award 2016 KNOWLEDGE AREAS  Senior and board level management  Construction, CDM, Civil projects  Engineering and manufacturing  Child & vulnerable adult protection trained c/w Enhanced CRB/ DBR and others  Clean rooms, general, aseptic and sterile areas. Biological hazards  Working with low (-270 ’c) and high (1300 ‘c) temperature systems  Medium and Ultra high vacuum systems  High pressure gases (300 barg), toxic gas safety systems and steam systems  Hydraulic and pneumatic systems inc. compressed air systems  RF, UV, IR, Ion, X-ray and Laser sources  All areas of H&S and commercial environmental protection. ISO14001, ISO45001, ISO9001. www.linkedin.com/in/Trevor-D-Smith-CMIOSH Based in Hereford, willing to relocate to North Yorkshire or Teesside.

Edited by user 12 July 2020 17:26:34(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

peter gotch  
#2 Posted : 12 July 2020 15:04:38(UTC)
peter gotch

Hi Trevor

Some thoughts from someone who was on the Moderating team for these forums for several years and someone who has read 1000s of CVs.

I realise that you are new to the Forum but a number of comments and you might wish to use the EDIT facility at the top right hand side of your posting:

1. "Nominated to IOSH Council 2020" - posted on the Public Forums is I think a breach of the electioneering rules for the Council election.

2. Posting your email address is perhaps not advisable as it is a recipe for you being bombarded by "bots". Those interested in your talents can contact you using the Private Messaging PM facility at the bottom left corner of your posting.

3. You can expect the "moderators" (i.e. IOSH staff, not as defined in the Rules of these Forums) to lock your posting with the expectation that anyone interested in potentially offering you employment should PM you - Rule 8.4 

4. I think you would attract more interest if you put in some paragraph spacings into your spacing for readability reasons and if you say a bit more about processes, risks and mitigations and less about this, that and the other accreditation, awards etc.

5. Think about the PDCA cycle and other things that potential employers are likely to be looking for such as the development and delivery of training, and perhaps presentations to industry bodies etc etc.

Good luck in your job search.

P

thanks 1 user thanked peter gotch for this useful post.
Trevor D Smith on 12/07/2020(UTC)
Trevor D Smith  
#3 Posted : 12 July 2020 17:31:27(UTC)
Trevor D Smith

Thanks, It was all spaced and formated. A lot of the pdca is in the second half of my cv. Thanks for your help. Council reference removed, good spot.
peter gotch  
#4 Posted : 13 July 2020 15:44:47(UTC)
peter gotch

Hi Trevor

Looking much better and if the forums were more user friendly I could amend or delete my posting but I am past the time limit for doing either.

P