Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
muhammadabid  
#1 Posted : 05 August 2020 17:31:01(UTC)
muhammadabid

Good Day all, I wonder if someone can help me and guide me. Soon i am moving to UK with my family. I am currently studying MSc in Occupational health and safety, I have NEBOSH & British Safety Council Level 6 Diploma in occupational health and safety and over 10 years of professional experience as HSE Advisor. Just to get more opportunities and highlight my cv i also achieved CMIOSH Status But still I am not sure about job opportunities for CMIOSH in UK.

Any one please tell me, is CMIOSH worth and will I be able to find a job in UK after CMIOSH status?

peter gotch  
#2 Posted : 06 August 2020 12:57:38(UTC)
peter gotch

Muhammad

There are job opportunities, but fewer in the current Covid climate.

Recently I have seen some well paid strategic positions mixed in with some jobs where the pay on offer is very low.

Would probably get more reaction if you give a bit more detail of the sectors you have worked in and where you are planning on settling in the UK (if you have decided where).

CMIOSH has a value, but only to those employers and/or recruitment agencies who are on the ball. Many are NOT.

Good luck, Peter