Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Phoebe82  
#1 Posted : 17 April 2021 13:27:29(UTC)
Phoebe82

hi all, am looking for some assistance if possible, I have just completed my NEBOSH GC and looking to get experience, I am willing to do this on a voluntary basis if need be as I have no previous experience and want to gain this before I start to apply for jobs, any help will be greatly appreciated 

hopeful  
#2 Posted : 20 April 2021 12:07:18(UTC)
hopeful

It may be worth posting your location and when you would be able to attend a site. It may also be worth noting the areas of experience that you have and are interested in. IOSH have a mentoring programme that may assist you. Unfortunately I cannot offer you anything because of Covid restrictions we have in place and this may affect others ability as well.

Phoebe82  
#3 Posted : 22 April 2021 17:11:24(UTC)
Phoebe82

Hi, i live in Bridgwater, Somerset area i have just passed NEBOSH General Certificate and am looking for any practical hands on experiance i can gain if possible, i am also open to work out times to suit 

RVThompson  
#4 Posted : 23 April 2021 06:29:58(UTC)
RVThompson

What is iot?

Evans38004  
#5 Posted : 30 April 2021 11:22:14(UTC)
Evans38004

probably it

thanks 1 user thanked Evans38004 for this useful post.
RVThompson on 30/04/2021(UTC)
chris42  
#6 Posted : 30 April 2021 12:31:13(UTC)
chris42

I thought IOT was Internet of Things, ie your fridge being able to access the internet and order more milk when you are looking a bit low – creepy. Not everything needs to be connected to the internet in my view.

Phoebe82 – you may want to sell yourself more. You have said what you would like to get, but what do you offer in terms of experience of this / that industry etc etc.

Chris

thanks 2 users thanked chris42 for this useful post.
RVThompson on 30/04/2021(UTC), peter gotch on 30/04/2021(UTC)
Phoebe82  
#7 Posted : 04 May 2021 09:25:32(UTC)
Phoebe82

good morning and sorry for the lack of detail, basically I grew up in Kenya and when I started to work I did a little work that involved health and safety, when I moved to the UK with my Husband i enrolled in a Nebosh General certificate in order to get some formal qualification, what I am looking for is some hands-on experience, I don't need to be paid as willing to do this voluntary, I realise at the minute due to COVID this is slightly hard but I am aiming to be able to start as soon as lockdown is fully over, I have good IT skills and am hard working. thank you very much for taking the time to read this.