Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Watchy  
#1 Posted : 11 September 2021 09:17:02(UTC)
Watchy

Morning all,

I am currently looking at our organisations approach to risk assessments and looking for some advice around risk registers and risk profiling. I've looked in to some broader risk management areas and also 45001 and i'm interested to know more on how you would formulate the register. I understand the concept of registers but need to understand the application better. I've seen some examples and some of them actually seem like risk assessments themselves. 

Is it just a case of using a register to prioritise your 'Top 5' risks say or 'Top 10' and then plan the management of those risks accordingly?

We are a multi site operation with fifteen locations split across three regions to put this in to context so would you have numerous registers? For example, a site register, a regional register up to a company register? (Basically a tiered approach)

The majority of our operations are the same which makes this easier I guess. If anybody could point me to some good clear guidance or share how you have approaced this with some worked examples that woud be fantastic. 

Thanks in advance.