Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bass900063  
#1 Posted : 12 December 2023 12:01:40(UTC)
Bass900063

We have staff who travel for work - locations include UK, Europe, America, China, Japan. All low risk activities when they get there, e.g. attending a conference, visiting a supplier, photo shoot, but I'm getting push back regarding risk assessments. My view is that we have a low risk travel risk assessment that covers all common hazards which the manager then uses and only adds to if there are additional hazards identified. To supplement this I would like those who travel to complete an e-learning course covering the basics - personal safety, etc. Does anyone know of a good e-learning resource? The ones I've found all want me to sign up for the full elearning library but we already have a provider we're happy with (but they don't offer this course). Thanks

Kate  
#2 Posted : 12 December 2023 13:16:26(UTC)
Kate

Your approach sounds right to me.  On training, I don't know an e-learning on this, but the Suzy Lamplugh Trust do an online talk on the topic (I don't know how good it is, but they are a more than reputable provider in this area).

thanks 1 user thanked Kate for this useful post.
Martin Fieldingt on 12/12/2023(UTC)
thunderchild  
#3 Posted : 13 December 2023 15:06:26(UTC)
thunderchild

SHP recently did a webinar on lone working which had the head of policy from Suzy Lamplugh on. Maybe worth a quick view for some pointers? https://www.shponline.co...e-to-safety-and-success/

But we have the same approach, risk assessment and a outright ban on any high risk regions. Not sure what e-learning would add if the risk assessment is clear other than a bit of peper to say its been completed?

thanks 1 user thanked thunderchild for this useful post.
Bass900063 on 19/12/2023(UTC)
rickstefanetti84  
#4 Posted : 13 December 2023 15:34:56(UTC)
rickstefanetti84

We have a similar approach but dont do any e-learning. We do get our employees to complete an International Travel Action Plan (ITAP) before they travel though, and this essentially gets them to perform a mini risk assessment and gain info on the country they visiting via websites such as FCO and our travel insurance providers website. Happy to share a copy of our ITAP form if it helps? 

thanks 1 user thanked rickstefanetti84 for this useful post.
Bass900063 on 19/12/2023(UTC)
chris42  
#5 Posted : 22 December 2023 08:44:56(UTC)
chris42

polinkuer12 reported for hidden link

thanks 2 users thanked chris42 for this useful post.
Roundtuit on 22/12/2023(UTC), peter gotch on 24/12/2023(UTC)
peter gotch  
#6 Posted : 24 December 2023 16:02:57(UTC)
peter gotch

Chris, well spotted!