Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 26 July 2000 10:25:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Mike Davies I have recently passed the T.U.C Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety, which is accredited by IOSH giving Tech SP level membership of the Institution. I have 5 years experience of Health and Safety work in my role as a Trade Union Safety Representative. And also 20 years experience as a Scientific Support Technician in the School of Chemistry at a Midlands University. Would anyone out there have any vacancies for my skills and experience. Full CV can be provided on request.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 30 July 2000 10:06:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By peter gotch Mike, Suggest the following: 1. Post same message on the old chat forum, which is still much more extensively used. 2. Go to meetings of various local Branches of IOSH, where vacancies are often announced. 3. Check whether the Branch Secretaries know of any vacancies. Their details are on this site. 4. Most likely vacancy would be where eg Uni needs additional H&S adviser. Think about the need to move 5. If your current employer has a H&S Adviser/Dept, ask if you can do an assignment for them (even if this means outside your normal hours) to broaden your experience, eg to look at construction projects at your campus. 6. Get started on next stage of your development, eg register for NVQ Level 4, and find a mentor. Good luck, Peter