Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 14 October 2000 07:45:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Mike This position will be advertised regionally next week. CWS is looking for a Safety Officer to join its Manchester based Health and Safety Department but who will work specifically on Health and Safety matters for The Co-operative Bank PLC. The Bank is part of the CWS Family of Businesses, albeit manged separately and has an excellent reputation for its ethical policies and customer relations. To be successful in this role you will need to share the CWS plilosphy that good health and safety practice is part of good management that adds value to a business operation rather than simlpy complies with legislation. Whilst based in the North West the Bank has locations throughout the country therefore considerable travel is envisaged and a car will be provided. Qualified to NEBOSH Diploma level - salary circa £25,000 plus car and benefits. For an information pack and application form, please telephone the CWS Recruitment line on 0161 827 6421
Admin  
#2 Posted : 16 October 2000 21:52:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Phil Gregory Hi Mike, I am very interested in the position that you have advertised on this site. I rang the number you gave but only managed to speak to an answerphone, I left a request for someone to ring me back today (Monday) but I did not receive a reply. Could you possibly help as the taped message asks for a reference code for this position. Please contact me on the phone number I left on the tape or e-mail me at PD.Gregory@btinternet.com. Many thanks for your anticipated help and hopefully, I look forward to meeting you soon. Regards Phil Gregory
Admin  
#3 Posted : 16 October 2000 23:15:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul Craythorne Mike, I am interested in the position you advertised. I telephoned the number and was connected to an answer machine. The recorded message asked for a job reference which I do not have. I left my details anyway but am not sure whether I will receive anything without giving the reference. Could you please let me know what the reference is either by posting a message or by e-mail on PCrayth@aol.com Regards, Paul
Admin  
#4 Posted : 21 October 2000 10:19:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Mike from Mike 0161 827 5332 apologies, I jumped the gun a bit - the position has had to be advertised internally first in acordance with our ecruitment / policy rules. Position will be advertiserd externally I believe on Tuesday in Manchester Evening News MEN. All those who have responded via this forum will be sent details / application form etc. I have posted my works number just in case. regards Mike McDonnell
Admin  
#5 Posted : 20 December 2000 19:42:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Frank Neville Johnson Unable to get through on your telephone line. I am 52 years old, an officer in the Fire Service and will soon retire (Late March 2001) after a varied and most fulfilling 22-year career, predominantly with a fire safety reference. Having gained the NEBOSH diploma and a teaching qualification recently, I am now seeking employment or contract work as a safety advisor preferably based in the East Midlands but willing to travel. I joined the Fire Service in 1979 from a career as a Mechanical Engineering Technician. My current responsibilities include the health, safety and welfare of officers, enforcement of fire safety law, training fire-fighters and commanding operational incidents. Also under contract, I advise the MoD in the implementation of Crown Fire Standards and carry out fire risk assessments at several Royal Air Force bases. I have developed mail-merge/database programs to simplify this process. If I'm not too late, and you are interested you can contact me tel: 01476 407846 or email: fred.johnson@ntlworld.com