Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 13 December 2000 13:23:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Meurig Price Williams Senior Safety Advisor SE London based with extensive UK travel Salary £28,000-£32,000 (dependent upon experience) + car + benefits At Engenica our commitment to improving and developing standards of health and safety is very real. With a staff of approximately 280, health and safety is at the heart of everything we do and is supported by the very latest initiatives. As part of this, we are looking to recruit a full time Senior Safety Advisor to support our business.Engenica is a process plant engineering services company, working with clients in the industrial, construction and utility sectors. The successful candidate will take full responsibility for a range of safety issues, including provision of day to day health and safety advice/support for managers/supervisors, development and implementation of policies and procedures, support for tendering activities, support/delivery of health and safety training, development of health and safety practices to OHAS18001 standards, health and safety reporting, health and safety inspections/audits/follow-up.You will report to the Managing Director on all operational issues and also be accountable and responsible to the Divisional Health and Safety Manager for professional standards and corporate health and safety strategy applications. You will be an experienced safety practitioner with full corporate membership of IOSH, preferably Registered Safety Practitioner status, and have a construction or process engineering background and at least five years’ experience. To succeed in this role you will be a health and safety generalist - capable of developing and implementing policies and procedures, as well as, working closely with managers/supervisors to develop Engenica’s health and safety culture.You must be commercially aware - with the ability to contribute to the development and delivery of new business opportunities and have the ability to deliver innovative solutions and productivity improvements.Based in South East London but able to travel UK-wide.Please send cv to: Personnel Department, Engenica, Crossness, Belvedere Road, Abbey Wood, London SE2 9AQ or e-mail to jo.hodgson@thameswater.co.uk Closing Date: 09/02/01Engenica is a Thames Water company and is an Equal Opportunities Employerwww.engenica.com
Admin  
#2 Posted : 20 December 2000 15:26:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Frank Neville Johnson I am interested in the vacancy of Senior Safety Advisor at Engenica. I am 52 years old, an officer in the Fire Service but previously from a heavy engineering backgound. I will soon retire (Late March 2001) after a varied and most fulfilling 22-year career, predominantly with a fire safety reference. Having gained the NEBOSH diploma and a teaching qualification recently, I am now seeking employment or contract work as a safety advisor preferably based in the East Midlands but willing to travel, (I live in Grantham Lincolnshire). I joined the fire service in 1979 from a career as a Mechanical Engineering Technician. My current responsibilities include the health, safety and welfare of officers, enforcement of fire safety law, training fire-fighters and commanding operational incidents. Also under contract, I advise the MoD in the implementation of Crown Fire Standards and carry out fire risk assessments at several Royal Air Force bases. I have developed mail-merge/database programs to simplify this process. I am a corporate member of the Institute of Supervisory Management, the Institution of Fire Engineers and the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health. I can be contacted on telephone: 01476 407846 or by email: fred.johnson@ntlworld.com Frank N Johnson