Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 30 May 2001 15:11:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By peter gotch This is an update on my message of 30 March 2001, taking into account of recent and impending appointments, and giving details of new vacancies. Babtie Group is a 3000 strong technical and management consultancy with offices throughout the UK and overseas. We advise clients in a wide range of industries including power, transport, utilities, healthcare, education, docks, mines, prisons, defence and waste management. More details at www.babtie.com We have an expanding workload in H&S training and advice, including IOSH "Managing Safely" and "Working Safely", CDM, H&S management systems, auditing etc. Recent and ongoing projects include risk assessments and training for Premier Prisons, audit of the London Eye, and CDM and H&S term commissions with Highways Agency, Post Office, Scottish Enterprise Glasgow, and UKAEA We have a number of current health and safety-related job opportunities, with potential for overlap into more than one of roles below: Regional Health and Safety Advisers Based in one of our offices but can expect to travel extensively. Training and advising clients and our staff on issues such as lone working, radiation, noise, ground contamination, diving, abseiling, and demolition. One post in Midlands or North of England. Qualified to MIOSH standard or close to this, possibly as a second career. Must be capable of working with little direct supervision. One post in South East. For this post we will consider applications from candidates with less H&S work experience eg graduate in H&S looking for first job in this field, or otherwise starting up the H&S professional learning curve. Safety Case Personnel Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, inputting into safety case work at licensed nuclear sites, railways etc. Experience of safety cases, HAZOPs etc desirable, though training will be available to less experienced candidates from an engineering, appropriate scientific, or H&S background. Fire Safety Adviser Work both as project leader, and as part of a multi-disciplinary team. Expertise in fire risk assessments and / or fire safety engineering essential. Experience of defence, nuclear, prisons, and / or healthcare industries desirable. If you are interested in any of these roles, please send your CV to me preferably by email to peter.gotch@babtie.com or by post to Babtie Group Ltd., 95 Bothwell Street, Glasgow G2 7HX If you have already responded to our recent ads in the press or my previous posting on this forum, there is no need to reapply.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 08 June 2001 13:50:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By David Langdon To whom it may concern:- I am currently studying for the NEBOSH general certificate and hold the IOSH managing safely plus other certificates in health & Safety and have been the health & safety manager at my last two jobs which over the last six years has involved me to put in place all aspects of Health& Safety matters (assessments,training,reviews,policies) I am currently unemployed and I am looking to go into a career in Health & Safety as in previous jobs that was not my main job and I find Health & Safety is the way forward for me. I am also looking to study the British Safety Council Diploma in the future and have enrolled at night school to start in september the certificate in training practice (CIPD) If you have any vacancies that you feel I could fill to help me in my goal could you please contact me email:- Davidllangy@aol.com