Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 15 August 2001 20:34:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By SCOTT MURDOCH I AM CURRENTLEY IN THE MARKET FOR A POSTION WITHIN A COMPANY IN THE AREA OF HEALTH AND SAFETY. I HAVE MY NEBOSCH CERT AND I AM IN THE PROCESSE OF REGESTERING TO BECOME TECH S P REG. ANY BODY WHO KNOWS OF ANY VACANCYS WITHIN THE LANCASHIRE REGION. MY HOME BASE IS PRESTON.MY C.V.AND RELIVENT EXPERIANCE IS AVAILBLE TO ANYONE WHO THINKS I COULD ENHANVE THEIR COMPANY, WORKFORCE.I LOOK FORWARD TO ANYONE WHO REPLYS. MY E MAIL ADRESS IS SCOTT.MURDOCH1@VIRGIN.NET I AM CURRENTLY STUDYING THE EUROPEAN COMPUTER DRIVING LICENCE AT COLLEGE REGARDS SCOTT.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 16 August 2001 15:33:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jason McQueen Not directly related but I was wondering how you intend to register Tech SP with the NEBOSH Cert. To my knowledge this is no longer classed as sufficient for SP status.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 16 August 2001 16:44:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Hazel Harvey Jason, You are right the NEBOSH Certificate is not accepted for TechSP registration and in fact it never has been. The NEBOSH Diploma part 1, NVQ level 3 and TUC Certificate 16 credits at level 3 are the academic requirements for TechSP. For people who were in the Associate category of membership when it was closed on July 1st 1998, there has been a route to TechSP via a portfolio route assessed locally by branch members. It has been recommended by the Professional Affairs Committee that this route to TechSP for Associates should remain open for registration until the end of this year (2001) for completion by the end of next year (2002). So anyone wishing to complete by this route should make sure their registration forms are submitted to IOSH HQ. Contact Denise Johnson at The Grange for more information.
Admin  
#4 Posted : 16 August 2001 20:34:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By SCOTT MURDOCH I HAVE ALREADY ENQUIRED THROUGH IOSH AND THE PORFOLLIO IS HOW I INTEND TO DO IT THANKS FOR THR REPLYS SCOTT
Admin  
#5 Posted : 17 August 2001 12:00:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Keith Archer. Scott, Would you please accept the following advice that may improve your chances of employment within the H&S field. It is not my intention to offend but constructive criticisms are a good helping tool. 1/ Search out the spellchecker icon and use it to correct spelling and grammar. 2/ Try not to use upper case all the time, this helps with presentation. 3/ Recheck your CV and make it as presentable as possible. I know the above may sound slightly cruel but if you are to be taken seriously then presentation is important (first Impressions). Regards Keith
Admin  
#6 Posted : 17 August 2001 12:34:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Caroline Smith Scott, Are you currently in employment? The reason I ask is I know of a vacancy, but it is 3 days per week on a temporary basis (with a view to becoming permanent, but this is not guranteed). If you are interested, please fax a copy of your cv to 0113 244 4932. Regards, Caroline
Admin  
#7 Posted : 17 August 2001 13:27:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Peter Hebblethwaite Scott, can't offer a health and safety job but just to say keep plugging away with Networking. Contact local companies in your area on spec, this approach can be useful too. Advertising for staff can be expensive, so tap the unadvertised job market. It is out there. Best of luck Peter Hebblethwaite.
Admin  
#8 Posted : 19 August 2001 23:08:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By SCOTT MURDOCH Caroline, Can you give me any more information on the three day a week job. If you hear of anything else please let me know. Thanks a lot Scott.
Admin  
#9 Posted : 20 August 2001 15:40:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Lee Bennett Scott, Start to get involved with Health and Safety issues at work, keep bugging the Safety manager to involve you in things to do with Health and Safety, carry out inspections, join your Health and Safety Committee etc, etc. This will help build a portfolio for you to demonstrate to potential employers you have practical experience when applying for jobs. Have you considered being your Trade Union Health and Safety Representative at work ? If you do you will be able to study, on paid release, the TUC Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety, which can gain you Tech SP membership of IOSH. Consider doing the NEBOSH Diploma Part 1 or NVQ Level 3 to gain more qualifications. Its a tough market to crack but you seem keen to progress, you are more likely to be good at something if you actually enjoy doing it ! Good Luck and if I can be of any further assistance do not hesitate to contact me. Lee. leebennett@hotmail.com
Admin  
#10 Posted : 08 November 2001 21:52:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By John Pearce Scott, Many thanks I have been able to obtain course material from NEBOSH. I wish you well in your own future prospects. Regards John
Admin  
#11 Posted : 09 November 2001 10:02:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ashley Williams Caroline, Is that the Everton Job thats still vacant? Ashley