Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 29 August 2001 09:37:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ashley Williams Following my last posting on this subject thanks to the people who got in touch offering advice. Im now even more confused about which type of vacancies I should be considering. The feed back I got from my most recent application was strange, The job was looking for a TechSP working under someone and paying 21K a little more than im on now. The reason I wasnt short listed was because MIOSH's applied for the job! So am I over paid??? or looking at the wrong jobs?? Thanks In advance Ashley Williams looking for work just about anywhere..
Admin  
#2 Posted : 29 August 2001 22:04:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul Craythorne Ashley, No, I don't think you are overpaid, more like the employer was looking to get someone on the cheap and couldn't believe it when someone with full membership applied for such a poorly paid job. At the end of the day, there are a number of employers who haven't got a clue when it comes to looking for competent H&S assistance so they are misguided into the belief that only those with MIOSH are suitable for the position. Keep looking and trying and you will soon find that rare employer who values your ability to do the job and pays a comensurate salary. Regards, Paul