Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 20 September 2001 23:02:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By John Fisher Hi everyone, My name is John Fisher and I am about to be made redundant from my position as a Safety, Environmental and Training Officer with a large Manufacturing Company. I have a much to offer future employers. In addition to being an RSP I am a corporate member of IOSH with an honours degree in health and safety management. My CV is available on request and you can e-mail me at j_fisher@btinternet.com
Admin  
#2 Posted : 27 September 2001 13:19:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul Craythorne John, Sorry to hear that you are to be made redundant. I can empathise as I have been there, done that, bought the t shirt etc. etc. Hope you are fortunate in your search and if I hear of anyhting I will let you know. Regards, Paul
Admin  
#3 Posted : 25 October 2001 09:56:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Diane Warne Hi John, How are you getting on? Like Paul, I too have been there, done that etc. so I sympathise. But the light is there at the end of the tunnel. Best wishes Diane
Admin  
#4 Posted : 25 October 2001 19:54:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By John Fisher Diane The job search is going fine. Thanks for your support. Regards John
Admin  
#5 Posted : 26 October 2001 16:16:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Rory Reed I am sorry to hear of your most unfortunate news. I too can relate to your experience and probably what your feeling as I was made redundant from a Japanese manufacturing company some two years ago. I registered with as many agencies as I could; used contacts everywhere (including job centres)got every paper/magazine imaginable and some not so/used libararies/universities/the web/cold called/speculative letters and so on. i was lucky within three weeks of being made redundant i managed to secure a part time job which helped me over the three month period before i managed to secure a full time post in jan 2000. keep your chin up and dont give up.. all the very best to you kind regards rory reed
Admin  
#6 Posted : 28 October 2001 18:07:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By John Fisher Rory Thanks for your message of support. I am pleased to announce that I have been offered a three month contract with a car component manufacturer possibly leading to a permanant contract so the future looks a little brighter. Regards John