Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 19 February 2003 17:42:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By peter gotch Babtie Group is a 3500 strong technical and management consultancy with offices throughout the UK and overseas. We advise clients in a wide range of industries including power, transport, utilities, healthcare, education, docks, mines, prisons, defence and waste management. Our expanding workload means that we are looking to further strengthen our team of HSEQ professionals (by recruitment and internal development) and to broaden our coverage of particular skills. This leads to a number of opportunities: Auditors We are looking to include more staff with experience and qualifications relating to auditing of health and safety, environmental and/or quality management systems. We are particularly keen to talk to auditors who have received training accredited by the International Register of Certificated Auditors (IRCA). Experience of using proprietary auditing systems, developing bespoke audit systems, and/or of the rail or nuclear sectors would be advantageous. If successful you would be based at one of our 40+ offices throughout the UK, with the chance to be involved in the diverse range of projects undertaken by our HSEQ professionals, and the opportunity to work as an auditor either full time, or as part of a broader remit. Regional H&S Advisers Current opportunities include positions based in Glasgow, and at one of our offices in South Wales or the South West. You can expect a varied workload providing advice to Babtie staff at all levels and to clients in a range of sectors, including on the basis of term commissions we have various public and private sector clients, and on standalone projects eg to audit management systems and workplace standards, or to develop and/or deliver training. Recent projects undertaken by staff within our H&S consultancy unit have included delivery of IOSH “Managing Safely” in the Falklands, confined spaces audit for a Police Authority, CDM audit for a County Council, and risk assessments relating to licensed public events, together with a repeat audit of standards at the London Eye. In each case suitable candidates are likely to have reached at least TechSP status, possibly with health and safety being a second career. Experience of the construction industry a distinct advantage for each of these posts, but is not essential. Experience of safety case sectors or major hazards desirable, as is experience of the development and/or delivery of health and safety training, and/or assessment of Vocational Qualifications. If you are interested in any of these opportunities, please send your CV to me preferably by email to peter.gotch@babtie.com or by post to Babtie Group Ltd., 95 Bothwell Street, Glasgow G2 7HX
Admin  
#2 Posted : 26 February 2003 10:50:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By VIDIYALA RAVI I am a Chemical Engineer with Diploma in Safety from India. Presently, I am working in Kuwait National Petroleum Company, Kuwait as a Safety Engineer. My areas of expertise include Safety and Loss Control in Fertilizer and Refinery. I was a core team member in Implementation of OHSAS 18000 / ISO 14000 EMS in a large Fertilizer compnay in India. I have exposure as Loss Adjuster also.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 31 March 2003 10:59:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By peter gotch Whoops, thought this posting had effectively fallen out of circulation. A more recent indication of our current needs further down the page! Don, will contact you direct. Peter