Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 01 October 2003 18:08:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Chris-A
I am looking for a new challenge as I have recently been made redundant, due to site closure.

I have worked in the IT industry for 10 years and more recently, been heavily involved in Occupation Environment Health and Safety for the past 4 years (Initially as a Representative of Employee Safety, and then as the Safety Advisor to the IT department), within a Blue Chip pharmaceutical company. My duties involved all types of Risk Assessments (DSE, Manual Handling, Group Assessments, Kitchen/Office/Storage and Fire Risk Assessments and management) - for Office based staff. I have authored and implementing Local Safety Polices, guidance notes and improvement plans and headed up all Local and Corporate EHS Audit's

I have the NEBOSH General Certificate, and am 2 weeks into the Advanced Diploma for Health and Safety Management. I am also an Associate member of IIRSM and the Royal Society for the Promotion of Health (RSH).

I would be very happy to travel anywhere in Kent and would not be unwilling to look at a position in London. If you are recruiting and are interested in a dynamic and enthusiastic person, then I would be very happy to send you my CV and references.

Thank you for reading
Chris-A
Admin  
#2 Posted : 02 October 2003 15:21:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Patricia Hook
Chris

It wopuld be good to exchange ideas as I am in a similar situation but my strengths ly in Health and Safety Training. I am thinking of doing a Diploma but I wonder whether the certificate would suffice just to get me going.

Regards

Patricia Hook
Admin  
#3 Posted : 02 October 2003 15:48:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Chris Abbott
Hi Patricia,

It's daunting I find, looking for a new job - especially when you've been settled in an industry for so long...

The NEBOSH Cert is, to my mind, a great background to H&S. I did the IOSH Managing Safely Cert first, but that was really a taster. It's funny, but when I started doing the training, I really found I had an aptitude and great enthusiasm for it - more so than my IT career.

I'd recommend the NEBOSH Cert if your interested in learning more, but there are so many other courses.

Good Luck!

Chris