Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 11 October 2003 15:39:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Matt Brown I am currently working as a Health and Safety Officer for a major chemical manufacturer. I have passed my NEBOSH Cert (1995)and the IFPO Fire Safety Management Cert. I am now looking for a new position to provide me with a new exciting challenge and ultimately expand my expertise in Health & Safety. I have been in my current role for 8 years (17 years with the company) which has provided me with a very wide range of health and safety expertise. I have over the years attended many courses which have built up my H&S knowledge.These courses have ranged from Risk Ass of Process Plant Operations and Emergency Preparedness thru to Radiation Protection and Confined Space Entry and Rescue. I believe my skills and knowledge are best suited to a more 'hands on role' where I can take a pro active role in educating employees in the benefits of 'Working Safely'. I am based in the Central Region of Scotland and would ideally like to remain within travelling distance of home.The only exception would be if an overseas position became available. I would like to hear from any company who has a role that they think would suit me. PS -I have tried all the usual routes i.e internet sites/recruitment agencies but I am finding it difficult to even get a response.Is this the norm?
Admin  
#2 Posted : 13 October 2003 09:27:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Elizabeth Ashford Hello Matt Just a quick note to say keep up your search for a new position. I have been in a similar position to yourself and have tried the same routes such as the internet and agencies, all with no luck. However, I have since found a great position through the Careers Forum by receiving an email to my thread which lead to an interview and then being offered a job with a day release to University. I may seem like your getting no where at the minute, it did to me, but I feel you are looking in the right place. Best of luck with your search, I hope you find something soon. Kind regards Elizabeth