Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 02 March 2004 11:56:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Natalie
I am looking for some advice!

We are a large manufacturing organisation who employ one occupational health doctor on each site. Our Scottish site doctor is now looking to put his rates up and we were wondering what the current hourly charging rate for a qualified GP with a Dip Occ Med should be?

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Admin  
#2 Posted : 02 March 2004 12:42:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By David Raymond
Natalie,

Occupational Doctors that we have worked with in the past typically work on sessions i.e. a 4 hour session for a specific amount of work.
They will then charge per hour or for a session. The cheapest you could find would be around £100 per hour, going up to anything around £230 per hour dependant entirely on the skills you require. So a 4 session could cost anywhere between £400 and £920.

Hope this helps, if you need further advice please email me.

Regards

David Raymond
Admin  
#3 Posted : 02 March 2004 13:21:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul B
The British Medical Association (BMA) has a publication entitled The Occupational Physician which is updated from time to time, to which there is an annual remuneration supplement in April each year.
The publication (with annual updates) is free of charge to BMA members and is priced £10.00 for non-members. It is available from:
Occupational Health Committee
BMA House
Tavistock Square
LONDON
WC1H 9JP
Tel: 020 7383 6166